Looking for motivation

Options
9Chelle28
9Chelle28 Posts: 22 Member
Hi all! I've been back at this for about a month now after taking a year off because I had thyroid surgery and was diagnosed with an autoimmune thyroid disease, which makes losing weight even more challenging. I'm in search of some truly motivational friends and not just a friends who are there but never say anything or help to motivate in any way. You know the ones who are just a picture on your page after they say they will help keep you motivated. Also any fellow fitbit users can friend me on there as well. Of course I am willing to challenge, motivate and encourage in return!

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You can find friends in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

Fitbit challenges are great motivation—and fun!
  • 9Chelle28
    Options
    Thank you!
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! Just because something is hard doesn't mean it's impossible! As long as you put your mind to it, you can do anything! Here's to a healthier you!
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    I have Hashimoto's (autoimmune thyroid disease). I lost more slowly than most MFPers, so be patient! But I did it just like everybody else—by eating fewer calories than I burn.

I followed the advice in the Sexypants post: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • 9Chelle28
    Options
    Thanks I'll give it a read! I had no energy to exercise or barely move before I gave up gluten and got better medicated and just limiting calories didn't work at all because my thyroid doesn't work at all.
  • 9Chelle28
    Options
    Good Luck! Just because something is hard doesn't mean it's impossible! As long as you put your mind to it, you can do anything! Here's to a healthier you!

Thanks!
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    9Chelle28 wrote: »
    I had no energy to exercise or barely move before I gave up gluten and got better medicated and just limiting calories didn't work at all because my thyroid doesn't work at all.

Meds (in my case, Synthroid & Cytomel) reduce the fatigue so I can be more active. But I kept gaining until I learned to log everything I eat & drink accurately & honestly. Logging works.