Hi!

Options
koi311
koi311 Posts: 2 Member
Hi! New here :) Just popping in to say hi, and that I have lost 30lbs since december! I have been eating meat, vegetables and fruit and follow a gluten/nut free diet. I do not do alot of carbs if i can help it. I run 3 miles every other day (except the past two weeks because i just moved by myself and did alot of strenuous activity for the past 14 days lol). I also started light dumbells, as I noticed after all of my hard work with the move, I have developed some muscle! I want to keep it so I started doing some light 4lbs each hand, 30 reps/day. I tend to get a little worried about calories whenever I do MFP and get obsessed, so I am trying to get over that. I am focusing on low carbs for now and staying hydrated, which is an issue for me, i definitely do NOT drink enough. What i do drink is lemon juice in water with a little stevia. I can seem to get that down. Anyway, nice to meet everyone!

Replies

• sarahdayski
    sarahdayski Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I dont drink enough either, esp with exercising most days i should drink more water. I sometimes add a little lemon to water or i like to drink fizzy water, i find it hard to drink alot of water.
  • beenz75
    beenz75 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi, congrats on the huge weight loss in 6 months! I am trying to go low carbs as well but find them in most things I'm used to eating, I've tried cutting down to 100g per day but so far has been well over that. I have a 1 litre camelbak I find much easier to drink water from each day rather than out of glasses.
  • koi311
    koi311 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Whatever works for getting the fluids in :smiley: I am drinking lemon water sweetened with stevia so no calorie right there, no carbs. It is definitely hard for me to get even a glass of water down so this works. I am a label reader because of my allergies so for three years I have gotten used to reading labels. I dont usually read carb content since I limit myself to no or low carb items. I do eat sweet potatoes occasionally because they are good for you, but I dont do it alot and i dont overdo it. I think the running has alot to do with my weight loss. I dont run for the whole 3 miles, I start out with a brisk walk then jog/sprint for as long as I can go then walk again, jog....until Im done. I think this has helped alot! good luck everyone!