Looking for Sports Fanatic friends. (NFL,NHL,MLB,NBA)

Options
2»

Replies

• MarineMomTX
    MarineMomTX Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    MLB: SF Giants
    NFL: SF 49ers
    MLS: Timbers
    NCAA: Texas A&M
    NHL: Don't watch
    NBA: Don't watch

Have to throw this in:

Branch Of Service: Marines (I am the Mother of Two!)
  • Tailgater75
    Tailgater75 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    The group is growing for only being one day old. Should be one of the more active groups when it's all said and done. Can't wait to see how fun this will be during college and NFL football season!
  • hal1964
    hal1964 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    NHL: Chicago Blackhawks !!

There is no other team or league especially in Chicago !!
  • Epaho
    Epaho Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    pbradtke75 wrote: »
    I thought maybe this would be a good idea. A lot of my weight has been put on by tailgating, or kicking back a ton of beer while stuffing myself with all the things you can imagine being unhealthy! I'd like to find more people that will find themselves also having my struggles when NFL season kicks off. I'm a diehard fan that just loves to talk smack and enjoys a good sports conversation!

Once more people post on here, or send me a friend request, I'll plan on starting up a group. B)

Add me!!! Add me!!! I am a huge Cowboys fan - since the days of Aikman and Smith - and in the last two years I cringe at the the NFL pre-season. It is the pre-cursor to months of beer, wings, and chips. Any help this year would be appreciated and I promise to return the favor! :)
  • Tailgater75
    Options
    Epaho wrote: »
    I thought maybe this would be a good idea. A lot of my weight has been put on by tailgating, or kicking back a ton of beer while stuffing myself with all the things you can imagine being unhealthy! I'd like to find more people that will find themselves also having my struggles when NFL season kicks off. I'm a diehard fan that just loves to talk smack and enjoys a good sports conversation!

Once more people post on here, or send me a friend request, I'll plan on starting up a group. B)

Add me!!! Add me!!! I am a huge Cowboys fan - since the days of Aikman and Smith - and in the last two years I cringe at the the NFL pre-season. It is the pre-cursor to months of beer, wings, and chips. Any help this year would be appreciated and I promise to return the favor! :)

Sent an invite! :)

The group is public...it just gets buried in the group listings. Wish this app had a better group search.
  • marksy_68
    marksy_68 Posts: 5 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi all,

I figure this group needs a "token" Canadian doesn't it? (sorry if one already exists). I am a crazy sports fan and an even bigger music fan (reliving my youth playing in a rock and roll band. I won't shamelessly plug the band unless you ask :) ). Need to drop 100 pounds (that's the goal anyway). So I saw the mention of a sports group and thought, oh yeah!

So to the important stuff:

NFL - Packers
    NCAA: Michigan
    NHL - Sabres (yes I know, but I remember the French Connection days)
    MLB - you know I have to love the Blue Jays
    NBA: meh, but I guess the Raptors if I have to choose

Music:

Pink Floyd, Ozzy, Foo Fighters and basically whatever rock is on my radio right now :)

Please add me!!!!!!!

Also, not really into the whole holding hands and singing Kumbaya (sp?), but I would enjoy the odd friend request on here.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the past 4 years we have done some epic NFL trips. Will discuss later.....

• LukerPslim
    LukerPslim Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Finally a thread that I can let lose in.

Here is my list:
    MLB: Reds
    NFL: Colts
    NHL: Blackhawks!!!!!!!!!!! i have really enjoyed the past month or so
    NBA: Pacers, but im not a huge NBA fan
    College football: Purdue
    College Basketball: IU

• msalamun
    msalamun Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    A Sports thread - yeah!

NFL: Green Bay Packers
    NBA: Don't watch
    MLB: Chicago Cubs
    NFL: Chicago Blackhawks
    College: University of Arizona (alma mater, Bear Down!)

Feel free to shot me a friend invite! Always happy to meet other sports fanatics!
  • garretthudnall
    garretthudnall Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Can I join in? My list goes
    Mlb Cubs
    Nfl niners/Browns
    NCAA West Virginia university
    Nba Spurs
    Nhl Blackhawks
  • Tailgater75
    Options
    The group had currently 17 members in just a little over a day. If you are looking for friends, want to talk about your home town sports team or find out what others are doing to try to maintain or lose weight while still enjoying the sports fanatic lifestyle, this is the group to join! Request to join or send me a message!

Let's have fun!!!

Sports Fanatics Talk and Weight Loss
  • flinx1241
    flinx1241 Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Great thread. Was just thinking that I need some sports fans to bond with on here!

MLB: Royals (yeah yeah, don't complain to me about the All-Star game thing - get out there and vote!)
    NFL: Chiefs (Going to see them in London this year and totally psyched!)
    NCAA basketball: KU Jayhawks and Mizzou Tigers (yes, I know they're rivals, but I like 'em both)
    NCAA Football: K-State Wildcats and Mizzou Tigers (See above - grew up in KC and didn't specifically go to any of those colleges, so I like them all)
    NBA: No specific team. Like to watch now and again for the athleticism, and of course the playoffs are always fun. Currently like to watch OKC, Golden State, San Antonio and the Clippers. Loved the wide open feel of this year's postseason...
    NHL: Love to watch hockey in person. Not so much on the TV. No specific team. I go watch the local team here in Vienna, Austria from time to time (Vienna Capitals). I do have an Ovechkin jersey, but mainly because of the name tie-in with the Vienna team, and because I like the design/colors. ;)
    MLS: Sporting KC - 'Nuff said
    Premier League: Arsenal - One of my best friends is a Gunner for life and he got me following them...

Feel free to add me if you want to talk some smack! :)
  • crpoll5
    crpoll5 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Huge Sports Fan Here! Last year I lost 26 lbs in 2 months but I got lazy, deleted my account and gained it back. I am starting over and am looking for friends who will motivate me like they did last time I was on MFP. Anyone please feel free to add me. PLAY BALL !!!
  • TruCowboysFan812
    TruCowboysFan812 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Epaho wrote: »

Yay, another Cowboys fan. They are the only team in any sport that I give a crap about. Lol
  • lindz4ever
    lindz4ever Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'm die hard Colts fan all the way. Football is all I really watch. Add me do we can bash each other's teams this football season.....I'm so excited for it to start!!!!