how much weight can i lose in 4 weeks ?

Options
how much weight can i lose in 4 weeks im getting married in 5 ? thanks

Replies

• aling01
    aling01 Posts: 163
    Options
    there really is no answer to that because everyone's body is different.

depends how clean you eat, if you exercise, how big you are, etc.
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    Pretty general question, have you lost any previously? Are you eating healthy and exercising? Most doctors say 2-3 pounds a week is healthy.
  • twallace67
    twallace67 Posts: 3
    Options
    i would say a minimum of 8. and if you try hard enough, 16-20. But, most likely this will be gained back, because it would take some major effort to lose 20 unless you were morbidly obese. 2 pounds a week is recommended because that's easier to maintain.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    how much weight can i lose in 4 weeks im getting married in 5 ? thanks

I lost close to 30lbs in 4 weeks, but in the 2 weeks after that only lost another 3lbs..go figure.

Weight loss is a process, it's much easier to do it with BOTH diet and exercise. You can do it with just diet alone but exercise really does speed things along :-)

also, once the weight is OFF you need to KEEP it OFF...thats why i didnt give myself any specific time scales for losing weight..just a target weight I'd like to achieve then maintain :-)

it is different for different people, though.
  • plinke
    plinke Posts: 9
    Options
    Low carb, high protein drops fast and works okay if its for a short term goal. It's just not healthy do to that long term. And good healthy protein hels. Good luck and congrats!
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else says, it depends... i lost 10 in my first 4 weeks, but i also ate right and went to the gym 6 times a week... you get out what you put in :) good luck!
  • MFP1984
    MFP1984 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've lost 10lb in my first 2 weeks if that helps... not eaten mega healthy foods just counted calories as per limit set by MFP. I always lose lots at first then 1-2lbs after that.
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I would say very little when you put things in perspective because you'll gain it all back by the fifth week.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    it looks like you don't have much to lose so it will be harder to lose more than a half pound of fat each week because the deficits are so small, but Jillian Michaels had a book called "Making the Cut" and it had a diet and fitness routine for getting ready for a special event in 30 days. Good luck and congrats on your wedding, and if you want, join us on this thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/227513-not-that-heavy-girls-trying-to-lose-weight
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    There is no exact amount that anyone can lose. It depends upon your own metabolism, how "clean" your healthy diet might be. Please do not set yourself up for failure. Just stick with your program, faithfully, one meal at a time/one day at a time.

You need to have the following:
    digital food scale
    set of individual measuring spoons
    set of individual measuring cups
    straight blade spatula or knife to level off all excess quantities

WEIGH, MEASURE, RECORD: Every single item that goes in your mouth.

Changing your lifestyle is what this is all about. There is no "quick fix" which appears to be what you are searching for. You can take the weight off, over time. The KEY: KEEPING those excess fat pounds off your body forever.

Keep in mind: Men usually lose weight much faster than women and they do that in larger amounts each week. That is due to the testosterone in the male body.

Good luck!
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I guess you shoud have asked yourself "How much weight will I keep off after 8 weeks?" You can lose as much as you want to in a short period of time, but from personal experience, you will gain it all back in half the time and add on another few pounds. The way the body work is quite simple. If you take food away from it, when it gets it again, it holds on to it like a boa constrictor on its prey. 2 pounds a week is good and safe, but if you are disciplined and aggressive, you can easily lost up to 4-5. In any regards, good luck and most importantly, enjoy your wedding day!!!