I'm new to this

Options
Looking for positive support and be a source of positive support as well. I lose weight and then get discouraged and regain the weight. I'm in Burleson Texas, and this time I plan on being fit and healthy for life.

Replies

• BIGLeagueQ
    BIGLeagueQ Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Near Houston here! I'm new to MFP too!

Sounds like a good plan! Good luck! :)
  • CarlJones21
    CarlJones21 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
  • bcschulz
    bcschulz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Pearland here. I've been using MFP for 65 days. It helps. I've lost 40 lbs
  • CarlJones21
    Options
    Awesome, I've been doing good, I love this app. Keep up the great work
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Getting healthy for yourself is the most important! Keep doing what you're doing and you will succeed. Tracking calories is an eye opener! I never realized portion size until I started measuring my foods. It's crazy! Food scales and measuring cup/spoon set are my best friend in relevance to this app! Good luck!!
  • salaita1968
    salaita1968 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    good job carl .my advice to you do not skip breakfast.
  • CarlJones21
    Options
    Thank you
  • maryerline
    maryerline Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm in the northeast, been to Houston thou and loved it. You can do this. Use these community and browse the forums to get as much info as you can especially about logging correctly and using a food scale. And remember, we all have days where our diet is the best or we just don't feel like being active. That's fine, just start again tomorrow.
  • Neferleli60
    Neferleli60 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm near London n the UK. I've been a yo yo dieter all my life but this time it's not a diet but a lifestyle change. I've already lost some weight but finding the last 15lbs or so impossible to shift. I'm hoping this app will do it. My tip......if you have a bad day just remember this is a long term project and if overall you are moving in the right direction, getting fitter and healthier, then just start again tomorrow.
  • rlharrison275
    rlharrison275 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel!! Good luck on your lifestyle change!! We can do it!!
  • CarlJones21
    Options
    Getting healthy for yourself is the most important! Keep doing what you're doing and you will succeed. Tracking calories is an eye opener! I never realized portion size until I started measuring my foods. It's crazy! Food scales and measuring cup/spoon set are my best friend in relevance to this app! Good luck!!
    I know how you feel!! Good luck on your lifestyle change!! We can do it!!

• CarlJones21
    Options
    Thank you and yes we can
  • CarlJones21
    Options
    Thank you Firecutie18
  • Suzley
    Suzley Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Devon!