Fear of Water Weight

ween2414
ween2414 Posts: 17 Member
I know every where I look I am told to drink alot of water. I have to admit I am a bit affraid of drinking alot of water. Right now my battle with with my bathroom scale. I have been at this for about 3 months now and I have already learned that there are certain times of the month (as for all women) I do not step on the scale. So my question is do I really need to drink all that water? Will it help or hinder my battle with the scale? Looking for some logical reasoning to help push me to drink more water. . . . (Also a few girl logic type reasons might help too).. Thank you in advance for any advice.

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Who told you that by drinking water you gain water weight???
  • myfitnesspal1121
    myfitnesspal1121 Posts: 10 Member
    I get rid of all that bloating when I drink a lot of water! I have to pee a lot for the first couple days, but once you get used to it, you're not running to the bathroom as often. It clears my skin, it makes me feel like a freshly oiled door hinge to be honest. Lol I always lose about 3-4 pounds in water weight. There's nothing but plus sides to drinking water! :)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    That's like saying I'm not going to eat because food makes me fat...

You need water. Drink it!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    You need to make sure you are hydrated, that doesn't mean you should drink glass upon glass of water if you don't want to.
    Drinking fluids does not put weight on you. Being over calories does.
    Being under hydrated, too much salt and carbs can make you hold on to water but I wouldn't sweat it (pun intended ;) )
    Just make sure your eating around your calorie goal and you'll be fine.
  • ween2414
    I get rid of all that bloating when I drink a lot of water! I have to pee a lot for the first couple days, but once you get used to it, you're not running to the bathroom as often. It clears my skin, it makes me feel like a freshly oiled door hinge to be honest. Lol I always lose about 3-4 pounds in water weight. There's nothing but plus sides to drinking water! :)

Thank you your comment is helpful.
  • LiftAndBalance
    LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
    That's like saying I'm not going to eat because food makes me fat...

No, it's not. Too much food makes you fat, too much water won't make you retain more water (too much water drunk in a short amount of time can actually kill you though). Drinking water will help in losing water weight. How much water you need to stay hydrated depends on a bunch of factors, including environment and activity level. One sign of dehydration is yellow urine, it should be clear.
  • ween2414
    You need to make sure you are hydrated, that doesn't mean you should drink glass upon glass of water if you don't want to.
    Drinking fluids does not put weight on you. Being over calories does.
    Being under hydrated, too much salt and carbs can make you hold on to water but I wouldn't sweat it (pun intended ;) )
    Just make sure your eating around your calorie goal and you'll be fine.

You seem to have understoon my question the most. I do drink water. Its not like I avoid it. I just don't feel like I need to drink as much at people recommend. Thank you for pointing out that under hydrating can make me hold water.