Milk for diet?

Options
Almost everyday i dedicated myself to drink a glass of milk (not always in the morning. Cause i have to eat rice in the morning). I think milk is good for my growing process and bones that's why i always drink it everyday. Kinda hard to lose weight and is drinking milk the reason?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You're not losing weight because you're not in a calorie deficit.
  • runrascal
    runrascal Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    At age 23 years you aren't growing so don't need milk for growth. As an adult you don't need milk at all. You need calcium which is provided by milk, but also by any milk product like yogurt and cheese. Low fat or 0% fat products all provide as much calcium as the the full fat versions. Log all your food and drink into MFP and you will be able to choose how much to take and stay within your calorie deficit.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Drinking milk is fine as longs as it's in your calories. If you're struggling to lose weight, as @TavistockToad said, the issue is that you're not in a calorie deficit, not the milk.
  • slimandsmiling
    slimandsmiling Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have up'd my milk since doing MFP .. I drink soya or almond milk (don't find dairy works for me).. I log it as part of my calorie intake and I lose when in a deficit.