Need to burn some extra calories!

Options
2»

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If you are under during the week, then many people look at the overall calories for the week
    400 calories fo you is what? an hours exercise or less? I wouldnt worry.
    have a look on fitnessblender theres loads of free workouts, just need to find the right level to suit your fitness.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Hi OP. I am doing home-based workouts for beginners mostly but some that have been recommended to me are ones that I can watch on the TV through youtube. Can you do this? If so, search "Zumba 30 minutes beginner" there are some great ones. There is one I recently have done "walk away the pounds" is actually really good! (you do kicks, knee lifts, etc). Something through Fitness Blender (I often just do the yoga/stretching but there are lots of cardio ones), and also we search "Just dance" on youtube and then dance to the songs that people have recorded from the games. This is so much fun and a good workout. Just be fast to get another song going once it finishes :)
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I've over eaten today by 400 ! But during the week I'm strict and always under.

If you have no trouble with eating under cals during the week then why don't you eat a little less during the week so you have more cals for the weekends.
    That's what I do.
    My cal goal is 1700 a day (TDEE method)
    I eat 1500 Monday to Friday
    This leaves me with an extra 1000 cals for the weekend to divide up as I like.
    I find this to be the perfect method for me, looking at weekly cal goal, not daily.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I'll preach skipping rope all day. You can burn up to 140cals every 10 minutes if you're giving it, plus it's great for improved coordination. Try some fast paced music and keep trying till you find a rhythm. It'll be hard at first but in no time you'll be doing crossovers and double skips. Not as intense as sprints, but still a good cardio workout
  • titanspen214
    titanspen214 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You can do Pilates at home it's even relaxing but pumps up a sweat and you can view lots of Pilates videos with teachers on YouTube
  • Mentiri
    Mentiri Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I do an extra set of yoga, which also helps me wind down to sleep. Playing with the dogs is also good!
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Girl, put THIS SONG ON https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBHQbu5rbdQ

Dance your cute *kitten* around your house/apartment like you were the queen of the world. Shake your *kitten*. Make it acrobatic.

Also - regarding running while jiggly: just get a tight-hugging top and tight-hugging capri spandex pants. It's works wonders.
  • NickyChafer
    NickyChafer Posts: 17 Member
    Options

Thanks for all the ideas guys, I will give them all a go!
  • NickyChafer
    NickyChafer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just received my order of amazon fire tv stick, it's great and has some good health and fitness channels and apps, from healthy cooking to yoga and cardio workouts!