breakfast?

Options
Any good ideas for breakfast? I am bored of poached eggs! Anything that is preferably under 300 calories :)

Replies

• harrietlockton
    harrietlockton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make 2 ingredient pancakes. 1 v ripe banana well mashed, beat in 1 egg, fry in a non stick pan or with 1 squirt of oil, and maybe serve with 0 fat yoghurt. Lots of recipes in the internet and I think they are surprisingly tasty and filling.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I have nothing, save most of my calories for later and have bigger meals for lunch/dinner.
  • rsb1023
    rsb1023 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Today I had half a cup of low fat cottage cheese & half a cup of blackberries total 123 calories
  • drivenbonkers
    drivenbonkers Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    today's breakfast was one cup of multigrain 'O' cereal, 2% milk, blueberries and strawberries, and a coffee with milk!
    under 250 cals.
  • Alice20443
    Alice20443 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    - line a muffin tin with a slice of ham, crack in an egg and bake in the oven until the egg is set (also good cold on top of a salad)
    - grate courgette and onion into a frying pan, throw in two beaten eggs - and cook slowly until set

more calorific and carby, but a friend recommended putting a tortilla on top of the omelette before it sets, then you can turn it out and make a really convenient wrap for an on the go cooked breakfast.
  • NavyMommy
    NavyMommy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I usually do cottage cheese and fruit. Simple and filling.
  • mkraizel
    mkraizel Posts: 22 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'll do whole grain waffles with PB2 and some fruit. Waffles are 140 for 2, PB2 is 45 for 2 tbps, fruit is in the 50-100 calorie range for a big serving (~100 grams of something). 285 breakfast and something quick/portable.
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Porridge? Yoghurt with fruit and nuts? Whatever you fancy really.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I usually switch between a frittata that I cut and portion for weekdays, or leftover roasted vegetables topped with a runny egg.
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    6 oz nonfat Greek yogurt with one cup blueberries and 1/4 cup muesli. 293 calories.

On colder days I have 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill 10 grain cereal with 1 cup blueberries, which comes in at <225.

But, really, the options are wide open. It just depends on what works for you.
    Wasa crackers with cream cheese and smoked salmon.
    English muffin w/ deli meat
    English muffin w/ 1T peanut butter and 1/2 banana
    Tortilla with hummus and deli meat
    Soft boiled egg and crackers (with or without a piece of fruit)
    Tortilla with scrambled egg and salsa
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Today I had Greek yogurt and a piece of French toast (no syrup). Came out to about 320 calories total, but it could be made lighter with a lower calorie bread.
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Oat bran! Gives you fiber protein and iron
  • kelleykklein
    kelleykklein Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been having a vanilla weigh protein shake w skim milk every morning as a meal replacement. Seems to at least keep the hunger at bay til lunch, it's a fast grab in the morning and it's less than 150 calories.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Alice20443 wrote: »
    - line a muffin tin with a slice of ham, crack in an egg and bake in the oven until the egg is set (also good cold on top of a salad)
    - grate courgette and onion into a frying pan, throw in two beaten eggs - and cook slowly until set

more calorific and carby, but a friend recommended putting a tortilla on top of the omelette before it sets, then you can turn it out and make a really convenient wrap for an on the go cooked breakfast.

That will certainly get you up and moving in the morning!
  • BrandiJoM81
    BrandiJoM81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ LMAO!!! Took me a second read, but that is hilarious.
  • oldfashiongirlD
    oldfashiongirlD Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had to think outside the box in order to be full at breakfast time I no longer eat breakfast food so far the most filling meal......is a Roman salad with cheese and vinegar.