How do I maintain weight

Options
How do I maintain my weight when I get to the weight that I want to be? I am getting close I started out at 160 and being 5'2. Now I am at 124 and my goal is 115-120 depending what I feel comfortable..I have done this all so far in 110 days. Thanks for any input ..Karen

Replies

• SashThompson
    SashThompson Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You will need to be eating approx the same amount of calories as your TDEE. :)
  • Malaak20
    Malaak20 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If you watch your daily calories you'll know how to keep your weight ... I somtimes divide my calories during the day when I know that I'm going to eat big amount of calories in a meal
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    If you are still losing weight quickly start increasing your calories now - don't wait until you get to maintenance.

Custom setting your calorie goal is a good way to fine tune your calorie allowance.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    And if you custom set it for slowing down your weight loss it will help you move from what must be really strict dieting to learning to eat for a normal rest of your life. When you get to the weight you want, just set with gain and loss to 0 and you'll get maintenance calories.

Congratulations!
  • alch1821
    alch1821 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am at a similar point as well, although I did not lose as quickly. I have set my losing rate for these last few lbs to lose .5/week along with my appropriate activity level. My daily calorie goal went up about 100 calls/day....so far this is working, so I guess I would suggest you follow their formula recommendations and continue to log and readjust to maintain weight once you reach your goal. I am also giving myself a 5 lb window as my goal, so if I start to creep to the upper end, I will just cut back for a few days etc.... Congrats and good luck!
  • alch1821
    alch1821 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am at a similar point as well, although I did not lose as quickly. I have set my losing rate for these last few lbs to lose .5/week along with my appropriate activity level. My daily calorie goal went up about 100 calls/day....so far this is working, so I guess I would suggest you follow their formula recommendations and continue to log and readjust to maintain weight once you reach your goal. I am also giving myself a 5 lb window as my goal, so if I start to creep to the upper end, I will just cut back for a few days etc.... Congrats and good luck!