Hello from New Orleans

Options
Hello Everyone,

This is millionth time trying to loose weight to feel more comfortable in my body.
This is my second time using myfitnesspal on this journey and my first time reaching out to everyone here for support and community. Im a Vegetarian living in one of the hardest places to be a vegetarian, New Orleans. I just turned 30 and feel confident about how my life been molding to get where I am. Im not really sure what to write here, but am hoping to find support and tips.

Thanks for reading!

Melanie
Gingermakeup

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Millionth time? How about the last time? Add me and I'll cheer you on!!!!
  • rez2012
    rez2012 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yea I live in New Orleans and it's the land of temptation haha. A lot of good food that's bad for you lol.
  • branlovesu
    branlovesu Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Im with you on the millionth time - we got it this time! :)
  • melaniedefo
    melaniedefo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    rez2012 wrote: »
    Yea I live in New Orleans and it's the land of temptation haha. A lot of good food that's bad for you lol.
    Yeah! It's really hard especially because it's the land of drinking as well.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It was when I moved from New Orleans area to NC that I started gaining weight. Two pounds of boiled crawfish could fill me up! Plus all the exercise peeling them . . . negative calories, hah!
  • waldo11690
    waldo11690 Posts: 51 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    rez2012 wrote: »

Alcohol (Hurricanes, Hand Grenades, Jesters, etc.) too haha. But seriously good food! Johnny's Po-Boys is a good spot!
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Are you close to Lafraneire Park? I used to go there every morning at 5:00 to walk/run the two-mile track, usually twice. Got home in time to take a shower and be at work for 8:00. Very safe with lots of other people there including park personnel, and several places to use the bathroom, hah!
  • kurleekaytee
    kurleekaytee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey nola friends! I'm looking for local friends if any of you want to share support! :-)