Weight Gain Question

Options
Usually you lose weight at night...so I weighed myself before I got in the shower last night and it was 125 and this morning it was 127. How does that happen?

Yes, I weigh myself morning and night. It's just habit. However, that's the first time I've seen this happen.

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    The only time I see that happen is when my scale isn't quite level or something. You can lose about two pounds of water overnight. My scale, when it is off, is 4.4 pounds off, so if yours is the same, 127 would match up with that.
  • JessicaThompson12
    JessicaThompson12 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    The only time I see that happen is when my scale isn't quite level or something. You can lose about two pounds of water overnight. My scale, when it is off, is 4.4 pounds off, so if yours is the same, 127 would match up with that.

Hmm that's something to think about. I wonder if it got knocked around in my recent move.
  • krenee629
    krenee629 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your weight can vary by five pounds (or even more) within the same day -- totally normal.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    my advice is to stop weighing yourself at different times of day. your weight normally fluctuates throughout the day. pick a time of day and stick to it. so if you choose night, always weigh at night. if you pick morning, then always weigh the same time each morning. i choose morning, after i wake up, have my drink of water/vitamins, go to the bathroom, and while i am in the midst of changing into my clothes from my nightgown. it's easier to get a predictable pattern when you are consistent.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Usually you lose weight at night...

Incorrect assumption
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    weight does fluctuate a lot
    I would try just weighing yourself once a day. there are even proponents of once a week.
  • paris458
    paris458 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I know I usually weigh 2 pounds less in the morning then I went to bed. maybe that day you didnt drink enough water. that is what my weight difference is, the water I drank
  • stargirl85
    stargirl85 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Never heard of people weighing left at night.
    Water can have an effect.
    Are you wearing the same?
    Also when you go to the lot whether it number 1 or number 2 can affect it!!
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Every day I lose a pound between 3am and 8am. So yes, my official weighing time is 8am. :)

No...I'm not losing a pound a day but it just shows you how much we fluctuate each day and how quickly water weight can dissappear.