Options
raima2011
raima2011 Posts: 17 Member
Can some one share some lunch recipes please, running out of ideas

Replies

• Navy8Chief98
    Navy8Chief98 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Turkey Quinoa Spinach meatballs. I make a huge batch of them, and put together a container (bento)just read about bento in another thread) along with some frozen broccoli, 3 oz. of cubed roasted sweet potatoes with cinnamon sprinkled on them, and 2-3 oz of roasted multi-colored peppers. I spend some time on the weekend doing this to prepare all of my lunches for the week. Makes it way easier to get out the door in the AM

Hope that helps.
  • gs0403
    gs0403 Posts: 38 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I usually bring 4 oz of fish (cod/salmon/rainbow trout) or grilled chicken breast with about 8oz of some type of green vegetable(broccoli, asparagus, green beans) and bring a spinach/arugula salad with veggies (cucumbers/tomatoes/peppers/red onion) with 1/4 or 1/2 an avocado (depending on how I allocate my good fats for the day) with 1 TBSP of olive oil and 1 TBSP of balasamic/wine vinegar
  • AnizGPillai
    AnizGPillai Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan in India. My diet options are quite limited. Anyone have any low calorie recipe ideas?
  • TheBoldCat
    TheBoldCat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan in India. My diet options are quite limited. Anyone have any low calorie recipe ideas?

I am a vegan in UK. I love Asian food (mainly Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese, Korean). Y'day I did Miso soup, today I have lentils salad. Also sometimes I make stir fry, sushi. We have some oriental supermarkets here where I can purchase the ingredients. I remember when I went to UAE, they had many things for vegetarians and vegans and also restaurants had vegetarian food ( but when I asked to do it vegan friendly, they did). Not sure about situation in India...
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I have been loving sandwiches topped with avocado lately. Can't seem to get enough avocado!
  • amberskinner
    amberskinner Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My favorite summer time food is cucumbers with French dressing. I have had that several times the past few weeks for lunch. Mmmmmmmm sounds good today too!! It is my version of a salad!! ;)
  • Phoenixlife75
    Phoenixlife75 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Grilled caprese pesto sandwich.

Bread
    Pesto sauce
    Mozzarella cheese
    Tomato
    Basil or spinach

I use my George Forman grill & gluten-free bread. I like it best with basil. It's like having a specialty sandwich at an Italian restaurant.
  • AnnaMaus
    AnnaMaus Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    hot or cold noodle with veg, herbs and protein. I love it with rice noodles, grilled tofu, shredded greens, mint leaves, jalapenos and roasted nuts.
  • noel2fit
    noel2fit Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Try wraps- the fun way to eat leftovers! Grab a whole grain tortilla and add lettuce, leftover meat, veggies or both, and a sauce of some kind- think hummus, pesto, BBQ, balsamic vinaigrette, etc. If you like to eat bigger meals you can add nuts or grains like walnuts, sliced almonds, couscous, or quinoa, but these tend to up the calories quick. If you eat smaller meals just have the meat/veg and lettuce wrap. Grab a fruit salad, grapes, carrot sticks, or cucumber slices for a side. Healthy, easy, and a new way to eat leftovers instead of just tossing them over lettuce or popping them in the microwave. Hope this helps :smiley:
  • raima2011
    raima2011 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone xx
  • bmchenry02
    bmchenry02 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I love lentils with leftover chicken, pork tossed with cucumbers tomatoes and some red wine vinegar and feta cheese. Super yummy and filling.

I also like tuna wraps with laughing cow cheese and mini peppers
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    ABeautifulDistraction Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Tuna Wraps
    1 small can tuna packed in water, drained well
    1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
    1/2 avocado, sliced
    2 green onions, sliced with tops
    cucumber slices
    Romaine lettuce leaves
    Mix together tuna, onions, and balsamic vinegar. Portion onto Romaine leaves with cucumber and avocado. Roll up and enjoy.

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    • Small tin of flavoured tuna with 6 Savoy biscuits
    • Coleslaw, a slice of cheese, and some sort of cold meat
    • Subway Veggie Delight
    • Soup with half a piece of naan bread