90 days of CrossFit and Strict Paleo

Options
Psalm17v22
Psalm17v22 Posts: 168 Member
90 days ago I started working out at my local CrossFit. I was looking for a supportive and positive group of like minded people. Boy did I find it! I can't say enough things about my coaches and the friends I've made that I get the privilege of working out with everyday. I started the first month on their "on-ramp" program (a way of easing you into the workouts) 3 days a week. As soon as I was done with the on-ramp, I started going 4 days a week, but quickly realized that I'm a CrossFit addict who drank the Kool-aid and didn't like not going in the middle of the week, so within 6 weeks of starting I was going Monday through Friday. Not only do I see the progress I've made visually, but I'm getting stronger and doing things that I couldn't do a month ago, let alone what I can do now that I couldn't do three months ago!
When I started at CrossFit, I decided give Paleo another try. I tried it last year with my hubby, but wasn't strict and failed in about 2 1/2 weeks. This time I did it 100% and I couldn't be happier. I feel great, have more energy, and I'm loving my results! A couple of weeks ago, my coach and I decided to tailor my macronutrients in kind of a "zone" style and it's going great! I don't miss the foods the majority of the foods I'm not eating on Paleo, I do have my days were I would like to eat crap food, but I know I'll feel lethargic and run down afterwards and it's not worth it. For me, it's easier to not eat foods that are unhealthy then to try to eat them in moderation, because frankly I don't do moderation. It's like a drug, if I have a little, then I'll eat A LOT.
Karen
Screen%20Shot%202015-06-11%20at%207.38.50%20AM_zps9rm9q6vp.png

Replies

• So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    You've made an amazing transformation - great going!
  • Phoenixsky13
    Phoenixsky13 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You look amazing
  • Elle_Bronwyn15
    Elle_Bronwyn15 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    great results!
  • janiep81
    janiep81 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You look great! Thanks for sharing.
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • terryfincannon
    terryfincannon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You are awesome, and an inspiration. I have been curious about the paleo deal. I have even seen bread available.
  • Psalm17v22
    Psalm17v22 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    There are lots of variations and yes there is some bread that is Paleo but it is expensive and very dense and takes getting used to. There are also new names for the Paleo diet (like Whole 30).
    Generally it's no grains, no refined sugar, no legumes (beans), no dairy.
    So that's meat, fruits, veggies, and healthy nuts/oils (coconut and olive oil).
    Some people use honey and maple syrup for sweeteners (I don't). Potatoes is another variation, white potatoes is usually on the no list but sweet potatoes are okay (which I follow), but others don't eat potatoes at all.
    There's lots of books, I borrowed them from the library and took out of it what I needed.
    Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Karen
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Wow - those results are phenomenal. I really, really want to try Crossfit. Thanks for sharing your experience!
  • RedsGirl73
    RedsGirl73 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!