Exhausted

Options
So last night, the guy I am dating was in a motorcycle accident. We had a viscious thunderstorm come through yesterday afternoon, and needless to say there was plenty of debris tossed around, rain puddles, wind, etc. After the storm passed, he came over, we had a healthy YUMMY meal, and watched American Idol. Well, needless to say on his way home, he came around a turn on his bike and there was a tree brach (not just a twig... it was a big bushy branch) that had falled during the storm. Needless to say, the bike highsided and he rolled/tumbled 100ft. I took him to the E.R. last night because as soon as he took his bike boots off, his ankle swelled up like a balloon. He was lucky enough to walk away with a few bruises, road rash, and a sprained ankle. We didn't leave the hospital last night (well, this morning) until 1am and I had to be up at 5:30 for work.

I have no motivation today... and I'm beyond starving. I don't know why!? I normally run every morning (with my dog)/evening (by myself) and this morning I just didn't have the energy. I instead walked with my pup about half the distance. Not to mention I have wanted to eat everything in site today.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I feel like 'food' will help me wake up, but I keep talking myself out of it.

Stressed....

kmp

Replies

• lorilynette
    lorilynette Posts: 39
    Options
    I know that stress does crazy things to a person, plus you have not necessarily had enough sleep. Maybe it's OK to take the morning off, I think your body is trying to tell you something. Get through your day and then see how you feel by evening, maybe you can do your run then? Good luck!
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    What have you eaten so far today? Food does give you energy. When you don't get enough sleep you don't have energy. I'm glad to hear your boyfriend is ok.
  • MFP1984
    MFP1984 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have had a tough few weeks and this last week have felt exhausted and lethargic too - I let myself sleep in until whatever time yesterday and woke up at lunchtime!
    Your stress reaction might be to shutdown too
  • Shawna0101
    Shawna0101 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You are hungry because you are exhausted and your body is trying to keep you awake by eating (to get energy) just take it easy today and get back to normal tomorrow. Hope your boyfriend heals up soon.
  • kitkat1781
    kitkat1781 Posts: 72
    Options
    I am a big stress eater. It sounds like that might be what's happening to you. You had a stressful night last night!! It's my belief that watching what you eat / losing weight takes a lot of energy and focus. When I'm stressed out about other things, it's hard to have the energy and focus I need to make good food/exercise choices. Add to that the fact that you didn't get enough sleep, it's no wonder you're unmotivated today!! Do your best to squeeze in a little something exercise wise tonight, but get a good night sleep and wake up tomorrow ready to get back to it! Don't beat yourself up over one day!
  • Morfein
    Morfein Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm a believer of if you miss a day, it isn't the end of the world. Now I don't suggest to give into every temptation.

You have a legitimate reason to be stressed and tired. Maybe take a small nap when you get home then walk/run for a bit afterwards. I know I love me a good nap! ha
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry feed your body but then do fruits and veggies its from the stress from everything going on which makes you feel hungrier! That is why they say you get belly fat from stress its like eating when depressed. It is ok to feed yourself when your hungry cucumber are a very low cal veggie you can snack on all day if you need. You have not slept enough for your body to regenerate don't beat yourself up for a day of much needed rest its ok to take a break especially after all you have been through. Call this a rest day and take it easy start new tomorrow!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    First off, I'm glad your boyfriend is okay. How scary. :(

Your body is probably reacting to not getting a lot of sleep coupled with stress. If you don't feel up to doing it - then give your body a break. It had a rough night. Eat well today and just take it easy.
  • kmparks24
    kmparks24 Posts: 198
    Options
    Thanks so much, everyone. I'm glad he is ok too. Talk about hitting close to home! That was the most gut wrenching phone call I have gotten in a long time. He is so fortunate to have walked away from that accident. Had someone been in the lane beside him or following behind him, he could have easily been run over.

As for my diet, this morning I had my normal serving size of Multigrain Cheerios with fat free milk and a banana, mid morning I had a cup of strawberries, and lunchtime I made a flatout wrap with roasted chicken, part skim mozz. cheese, and hot sauce with a small side salad. This is normal for me and usually I have so much energy! Today? Starving! LOL I'm hoping after a good nights sleep, I'll be back to normal tomorrow. It's so difficult when you are on a roll and then get a slight twist in your schedule!

Thanks again everyone for the support and suggestions. It's nice to be able to turn to a community like this for support :)