need support, alot to lose and a lot of loss

I have over 100lbs to lose and have had so much loss in my life. I am trying to figure out where I am in this world finding myself rebuilding after a tragic situation from total ground zero with just my kids and a whole lot of health problems and I do not eat that much but cant exercise much nor sleep well. I need some persistent people who will get to know me I am a very loyal and supportive friend I just feel so alone and in need of support. I am very willing to be the go to person another checks in with and more. Thanks... Mindy

Replies

• lisahaith42
    lisahaith42 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi Mindy, my name is Lisa and I would like to loose126 pounds to get me under 200 pounds. I decided to loose weight after seeing my picture at a family event. Let's say I was VERY unhappy with what I saw..Download pinterest it's a great site and I find it to be relaxing. You get to create boards than pin things to it. I hope you give it a try. There ars alot of quotes for every situation in life...to motivate you

• dipeshlshah1
    dipeshlshah1 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi Mindy,

Sorry to hear about your situation. I was also struggling with my own life crysis before I started only one regimen to be fit no matter what happens.

My weight loss goal is 40 pounds and I have done it. I have already reduced 26. and only 14 to go. I have seen people loosing 200 pounds, so dont worry you can do it. I have been very consistent and done this reduction in 136 days. i.e 0.2 pounds/day. I can feel positive vibe and people have also started appreciating what i am doing.

Just follow a simple weekly goal to reduce 1 pound per week and there you go. You will reach your goal in 100 weeks. I know that it would require lot of patience and hard work. Be loyal to yourself. If you cant exercise then go for walk. Start with 1 mile walking and increase it day by day. Set weekly and monthly target. Once you reach a goal of 5 miles walking, start jogging for a minute, increase it by 15 seconds each day. In month you will be jogging for 8-10 minutes.

Once you start losing weight, automatically your health will improve. You will become more fit day by day. And the would result in good appetite, good sleep. Remember slow and steady wins the race.

Important: Sometimes with week or two it would seem that nothing is going in right direction even with whatever workout/diet you are following and still no results are seen. It happens with everyone. Stick to the plan and have belief that one fine day you will be fit and achieve your dream.

If you are alone, go for morning walks in parks, I am sure you will find someone who is also struggling like you or different people there. Also you can join some local non profit communities,organization where you can interact with people.

I hope you would be having your first walk for your fitness regime after reading this post.
    Do it.

- Stay healthy, Stay awesome..
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    I'm Kaitlin! I have 50lbs to lose but sometimes it's a gigantic struggle with my arthritis and even my anxiety of all things. @lisahaith42 is onto something with pinterest. I'm at about 3k pins on there (don't judge me lol), but one of the amazing things about it is that you can find amazing recipes that are exceptionally easy and taste wonderful. Plus exercises! I know you said that you can't exercise much but I would like to ask why if you don't mind. If you want to lose weight then you'll have to start by trying to get your metabolism up and running by eating regularly and doing light workouts. You've got this my friend. Feel free to add me and I'll remember to check in on you and see how you're doing with things. :smile:
  • Bmeisen80
    Bmeisen80 Posts: 3 Member
    I am new to the site and looking for support also on my path to bettering my health. I am diabetic and wantto lose at least 60 pounds. Hoping to keep up the healthy eating and exercise.
  • lisahaith42
    lisahaith42 Posts: 7 Member
    I'm Kaitlin! I have 50lbs to lose but sometimes it's a gigantic struggle with my arthritis and even my anxiety of all things. @lisahaith42 is onto something with pinterest. I'm at about 3k pins on there (don't judge me lol), but one of the amazing things about it is that you can find amazing recipes that are exceptionally easy and taste wonderful. Plus exercises! I know you said that you can't exercise much but I would like to ask why if you don't mind. If you want to lose weight then you'll have to start by trying to get your metabolism up and running by eating regularly and doing light workouts. You've got this my friend. Feel free to add me and I'll remember to check in on you and see how you're doing with things. :smile:

• amandahugndkiss
    amandahugndkiss Posts: 15 Member
    I have over 100 to go as well and am happy to send some motivation your way. Its a big number to lose but it is possible. I yoyo....a lot, but I keep coming back, keep trying and i don't dwell on my slip ups. When you start discouraged read through some of the success stories, this is possible, and you can be one of those stories. Adding you.
  • caitlinfloor
    caitlinfloor Posts: 2 Member
    Hi everyone! My name is caitlin. I just joined this site yesterday and started my journey today. I too have close to 150 pounds to lose to get to my ideal weight goal. I have always struggled with my weight. I've also always been the heavy friend. I have known for awhile that i needed to lose weight. I have seen myself in photos and am so embarrassed. I avoid pictures at all costs even with my son. I want him to have those memories to look back on. The topper was on friday 6/12/15. I went to my doctors appointment and i stepped on the scale and it was the heaviest I've ever been, 270 pounds. I almost broke down. My doctor politely brought up me losing weight. She said i was a great candidate for a new weight loss pill, contrave. With this pill you must exercise and eat a low calorie diet. I am excited and very nervous about this journey. I have tried to lose before and have failed. I am looking for friends to help support each other and keep each other accountable.
  • Becca281552
    Becca281552 Posts: 45 Member
    Hi there! I'm so sorry to hear about your difficulties... I've been there & done that, and over time it truly does get better (even though it may not seem like it right now). Take things a day at a time ~ the smallest changes add up over time... and above all else, don't beat yourself up ~ life is about the journey :)
  • GSanc2
    GSanc2 Posts: 91 Member
    Hi, I'm Gladys & I just started Contrave today. I took 1 pill & shortly after drank a protein shake mixed with fruit. I feel good & thank goodness none of the side effects I've read about. I probably need to lose about 50 lbs, but right now I'm shooting for 10. The smaller the number, the easier the goal. I wish you all the best & we should keep in touch to motivate each other
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    edited June 2015
    Hold on to what you have now. Find your motivation from the things in your life that bring you joy. You got this! Your journey will be a marathon, not a sprint, but it's possible. Stick to the 3 keys of fitness: Nutrition, Exercise, and Support. Feel free to add me.