Combined loss of 65lbs since April 1st, but still a long way to go!

Options
My wife and I started our weight loss journey on April 1st this year and have had some great success since we started. She's lost 25lbs and I've lost almost 40! We celebrated our first wedding anniversary this last weekend. Here are some before and during pictures.

On our wedding day.
Ball%20and%20Chain_zpssgzq06t3.jpg

This last weekend.
Family%20pic_zpsrl43ltyo.jpeg

Replies

• susanJ1966
    susanJ1966 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful and congratulations on your anniversary. I guess you spur each other on. My husband and I will be married 20 years next month and now I wear his T-shirts -eek! Any tips you can pass on?
  • edetherington
    edetherington Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The biggest thing for us was only having healthy food in the house. I'm not bad about controlling what I eat, but my wife tends to have less control over herself ha... We also started eating dinner earlier in the evening. We used to eat around 8 or 9 and the past couple months we normally eat around 6.

The hardest thing for us is finding exercise that we can do together. I prefer to go biking and jogging while my wife would rather go on our elliptical at home. We've started going for walks together with our dogs and I think eventually she'll be able to start jogging with me as well. It's a long process, so don't feel the need to rush things. My cardiovascular ability is a lot higher than my wife's so I've had to learn to tone things down a bit when we work out together.

Another item that helped was keeping each other accountable for your own personal goals and then celebrate together once you accomplish them!

Hope this helped!

E
  • Bettyboag
    Bettyboag Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Well done guys!
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    You both are looking great! I bet you both feel amazing as well. Its great to have a partner by your side along your journey!
  • Becca281552
    Becca281552 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You guys both look amazing!! I love the wedding pic "ball-and-chain" - made me laugh!! :)
  • taraellen2007
    taraellen2007 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Hubby and I will be celebrating ours on 6/28. He went from 269 to 245 and me from 235 to 219. Only really started watching since around April or May and put exercise in this week.
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • MiliOm
    MiliOm Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    you both look so happy, congratulations!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!