Strength Training + Cardio - maximize??

Options
dmrm
dmrm Posts: 10 Member
I am currently working out 5-6 times per week. I am looking for recommendations on how to maximize my workout for the quickest results. I have 10lbs to lose and need to tone.

I am alternating my workouts right now doing YouTube videos for my strength training at home, Fitness Blender - arms, chest, back, butt, thigh, and abs and on my cardio days taking part in a kickboxing class.

Do I continue this? Or pick things up in a gym with the strength training and perhaps add in some spinning classes.

Another alternative is to join Orange Theory Fitness???

Please help guide me so I can get results. Thanks.

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Stop focusing on the "quick" part.
    Pick an established program that is in line with your goals, that includes some proper strength training using compound movements.
    Keep your diet in check, because little else matters if you don't.
  • dmrm
    dmrm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't need this to happen quickly what I mean is that I want to ensure I am doing workouts to maximize my results most effectively.

For example I used to do the treadmill for an hour a day but I wasn't losing lbs or inches. Now that I changed my routine I am seeing the results.

I want to be most efficient with my workouts to make sure what I am doing will help achieve results.