Why am I not losing any more weight??

Options
i started my weight loss journey in November 2014 and by January 2015 I lost 20lbs. Since February until now I can not seem to drop any more weight and it's becoming very stressful. I go to a personal trainer 3x a week and make sure that I at least get some cardio in on the days I don't see my trainer. I'm lost as to why this weight is not just dropping off of me... Someone help!!!

Replies

• MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    To lose weight, eat fewer calories than your body needs to run.
    It's easiest to do this by eating less, but you could also exercise more.

Read this:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Also, why are you paying for a trainer 3x a week???
    Get your program straightened out, written down, make sure you're doing the exercises correctly, then
    maybe check in every couple months to see if there's anything you should modify as you get more fit.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Are you eating in a calorie deficit? That's the main component of weight loss.
  • HeatherD1830
    HeatherD1830 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Health and fitness is almost an obsession of mine! I was born into a family that it was big, then life happened and I have no been successful in losing a little over 30 lbs now. We all need help, support, motivation and guidance so feel free to add me if you want to help keep each other accountable. -Heather
  • jas_130
    jas_130 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you and I will
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    You mentioned a personal trainer and cardio, but not your deficit, stats, logging. Get your deficit in line and be sure you're logging properly.
  • jas_130
    jas_130 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yea maybe that's the part I need to work more on
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    jas_130 wrote: »
    Yea maybe that's the part I need to work more on

Yep. You can exercise all you want, but if you're not in a deficit-you won't lose weight. Food scale helps.