MyPointless Post So No One Gets Offended

Options
Hi my name is irrelevant because it might offend somebody. Im going to talk about Daisies. Surely no one has a problem with daisies?....unless you think I am saying that everyone must like daisies. NO NO NO not everyone likes daisies....um roses. Im going to talk about roses. Yes that will work. Roses....well you could say roses are romantic and are usually given in the context of a relationship. Im not saying that only those in relationships should give or receive roses....hmmm

NO MATTER WHAT YOU WRITE ABOUT SOMEBODY IS GOING TO MAKE A RUDE COMMENT, SOMEBODY ELSE IS GOING TO GET OFFENDED HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO TALK ABOUT ANYTHING THAT MATTERS TO US? IM DONE WITH FORUMS, NOW RUN AND TELL THAT LOL

Replies

• LyndseyMcKnight7
    Options
    Love that!
  • babytmarie27
    babytmarie27 Posts: 161
    Options
    Forgive me but I hit a huge milestone in my weightloss journey today and my post was deleted even though I didnt do anything. Several people stated that it had helped them. One person twists my words and gets offended, starts being rude and my post was deleted. If I knew that was going to happen I wouldnt have spent so much time trying to diffuse the situation. I would have told her where she could go and be done with it. Im a little mad...and waiting for this one to be deleted too lol
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Why was it deleted? What was it about? Milestones are huge and should be celebrated.
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I am also curious as to why a huge milestone was deleted.

Congrats on the huge milestone, even though I don't know what it is.
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT ... super tired of everyone getting offended.... GET OVER IT

Celebrate your milestones!!!! Most of us are celebrating with you!!!!
  • allisoncook87
    allisoncook87 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yeah what was it about? Someone just jumped on my case because I gave my opinion about fast food.... Sheesh lol
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    THat's odd (the deletion part) but I like the post!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    My dead cat was named Daisy. How can you be so insensitive? Boohoohoohoohoohoo! *runs off to tell a grown up*
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Deleted?? I would like to know why too.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    congrats on your HUGE milestone :) Im also curious to why your post was deleted..? :huh:
  • wimom27
    wimom27 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

good post! congratulations on whatever milestone it was that you achieved!
  • RodgerBuckley
    RodgerBuckley Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm Offended - you reached a milestone and I'm barely budging and inch :(

I'm so offended that I'm going to go and join another forum where the idea is to PUT ON weight - I seem to be good at that ;)

Well done by the way - not for offending everyone, but for reaching the milestone - hope that doesn't offend you :D
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT ... super tired of everyone getting offended.... GET OVER IT

Celebrate your milestones!!!! Most of us are celebrating with you!!!!

I agree with you! I've really had to keep my mouth shut to avoid slamming back at some of the rude people. There's an old old saying.....one bad apple spoils the whole bunch.....
    I love this website and adore the wonderful people who have been supportive with everything I've posted even if not weight but personal things.
  • cckeimig
    cckeimig Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats on your milestone.

Secondly, I'm really sorry you've had trouble with flamers. I think we should all be supportive of one another as much as possible on this site--that's what the forums are for.

Good luck in your journey, and keep up the fantastic progress!
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Sorry your post got deleted. Congrats on your huge milestone!!! :)

I believe that we should be able to say what is needed to be said and also to disagree with each other. We are human, 'nuff said.

Agree to disagree, help each other out, hold each other accountable, and say what needs to be said. I thought we were in America where we could practice freedom of speech? I could see if someone was being directly rude, bringing someone another person down directly and publicly, and cursing. But my version of rude could come across as totally not rude to someone else? So...whoever monitors the posts on here, are they deleting what could be rude to them? I dunno...

Some people out there are just not equipped and able to handle anything could possibly hurt their feelings. We live in such a sensitive society. Bummer.
    BUT CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Sorry, your post was deleted because it violated one of our forum rules. Posting about your milestone is absolutely fine. Unfortunately, we can't allow containing certain subjects like politics or religion. We'd like to, but unfortunately, we've found that topics containing either politics or religion inevitably lead to arguments, personal attacks or insults, and hurt feelings.

We're working on a "Groups" feature which would allow people to form their own private groups. Each group will have it's own forum, and the rules for those forums will be less strict. For example, you could start a Christian support group, or a Barack Obama fan group, and within those groups, politics or religion could be discussed.

But on the main forums, we have to be a little more strict. The forums really provide a ton of support, help, and motivation and we feel they play a critical part of many of our member's success. In order to do that, though, we have to make sure that the environment remains positive for everyone which unfortunately means that we have to restrict certain topics.

Protesting moderator actions on the forums is also not allowed, so I'm going to lock this topic. If you have concerns or issues with our rules, please don't hesitate to send any of the moderators or myself a private message. We'd love to hear your thoughts. But to minimize the drama, we request that such concerns be sent via private messages vs. posting on the forums.

Hope that helps clarify why the rules are in place, and hope you are all enjoying the site.
This discussion has been closed.