Any nursing mamas losing weight???

Options
Hi there :) I'm Elizabeth. just had my second son. He's twelve weeks and I'm trying to lose some of this weight. Lost quite a bit of weight a few years back with lose it and never thought I'd be this heavy again. Im breastfeeding and just LOVE that I can track it on here but I'm still having trouble losing weight. Any success stories out there?? Add me!!

Replies

• kelsjohnst
    kelsjohnst Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm Kelsey! Also BF my 3 1/2 month old. He's my 3rd baby in 3 years. I'm trying to lose 54lbs and I just began my journey today. Let's be friends!!
  • addag7
    addag7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How do u track your breastfeeding calories burned on here?
    Thanks!
  • Elle_Bronwyn15
    Elle_Bronwyn15 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I BF and pump for my 4 month old son. It's helped me shed weight super fast, about 63 lbs so far. I think if I remember correctly, it takes 10-20 calories to make 1 ounce of breast milk. So you can easily burn 300-800 calories a day depending on how much your little one eats/needs. As far as how to track those calories, I'm not sure I was trying to find out the same thing!
  • catharinamkotze
    catharinamkotze Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My little girl is now 4 months and I have lost 52lbs / 24kg so far.
    You can search breastfeeding under food items and choose how much you want to subtract from your daily calorie intake.
    I chose 250.
    It Is quite easy.
    Good luck!
  • kathrynjavins
    kathrynjavins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! (And wow I had no idea you could track breastfeeding on here!)
    I am nursing my second child, who is 6 months old. I have lost about 53 pounds from my pre pregnancy weight of 333.
  • scorl
    scorl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey mamas!!! I have a 3 wk old... 3rd baby (all boys!) want to lose 40 more lbs and lost 17 so far since delivery! Let's be friends!
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    My daugher will turn 2 so I haven't been breastfeeding in a while, but losing weight and breastfeeding is totally doable! I've lost 38 lbs and I wear smaller clothes than before my pregnancy!
    I log everyday. Feel free to add me.
  • scorl
    scorl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    How do we track bfing?
  • edgrant1214
    edgrant1214 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You search breastfeeding and track it as a food :) there are several options, so you can trach it however you feel comfortable. Even has the option for breastfeeding twins! Its really great :) I ran into the problem of it saying I wasn't eating enough tho, so today I created an exercise with the amount of calories it subtracts when you track it as a food, to see if tracking it as an excercise helps!
  • healthychops_gets_fit
    healthychops_gets_fit Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Breastfeeding mummy here to a 10 week old. Had a c-section so a bit late starting but now ready to kick the butt out of these extra lb's! Add me and we can motivate each other xxx
  • juliastowell
    juliastowell Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am a new Mum and I'm breastfeeding too. I have approx 14-20lbs to lose. So far, so good!! I'm eating healthily and walking an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon and so far I've lost 4lbs in 10 days. Determined to do this and always happy to help motivate others in exchange for the odd kind word!! Anyone in the same boat feel free to add me :)
  • krissya2015
    krissya2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • mimimunchery
    mimimunchery Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm breastfeeding my six month old (second baby). I had no probs losing the baby weight - but I started the pregnancy overweight! I'd like to lose about 40 lbs or so, maybe more. I weigh about 200 lbs now and I'm 5'9".

My main problem is that I am hungry all. the. time. Plus I just looooove good food.

Oh and I have PCOS and an underactive thyroid (i take 50 mcg pf levthyroxine).

I lost a big chunk of weight (probably 30 or 40 lbs) and got down to 136 lbs with calorie counting twelve years ago, and I kept it off for over a year, but since then I've bounced around from 160-200 lbs or so. I'm ready to start calorie counting again!
  • vheelax
    vheelax Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Breastfeeding a 7 month old. I've started gaining weight since he started solids at 5.5 months so I'm ready to start calorie counting again too. I have PCOS too & am on Metformin (Ranophage). Not sure how these forums work as I'm new to this but I'd like to be part of the group thanks...
  • mimimunchery
    Options
    Hi Vheelax! I was on metformin before both of my pregnancies and during the first tri too. My doc always says I can't have it while breastfeeding, which is frustrating! It does help me lose a little weight, but it makes me really sick too : (.
  • mimimunchery
    Options
    Oh and btw, how do you guys log breastfeeding? I tried adding it as a food, but it was subtracting it from my calorie allowance! So now I'm logging it as a 500 cal cardio exercise.