How many calories?!?!?!?

Options
Hello myfitnesspals. Recently I have been using the iifym diet and it's really been helping with my binging. Today I went to this pizza place next to my house and ordered a personal 8-inch full meat pizza. I asked them how many calories were in it and they laughed and said that they don't keep count. So my question is , how many calories would you guess that's in this pizza? Idk why but I think it's around 1440 calories but I think that may be a lil too much. What do you guys 3wxtz4hxv7no.jpg
6djfzcdfm2jj.jpg
60dtemh80etp.jpg

Replies

• shonako
    shonako Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Personal size pizza
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Sort of hard to guess but I'm just going to guesstimate at around 1600~ calories, give or take 100.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I suggest checking the websites for several pizza restaurants, building pizzas using their nutrition info, and then comparing them and maybe averaging them. Any guess I give you is going to be based on this method, which you can do yourself.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    the store by my house wrote what everything weighed for me when i asked them. then i put it in as a recipe for when i get pizza cravings. a lot of places have standardized amounts for each size to keep track of costs and inventory. maybe they will do that for you?
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I suggest checking the websites for several pizza restaurants, building pizzas using their nutrition info, and then comparing them and maybe averaging them. Any guess I give you is going to be based on this method, which you can do yourself.

This was going to be my suggestion. Be careful by looking up via the words "personal sized" though. This is vastly different depending on the store (Pizza Hut's is only 6, the last time I was there). I'd go by the inches.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,202 Member
    Options
    What is "personal sized"? That photo makes the pizza look like a ordinary, normal sized pizza.

I had Dominos Italiano, which looks light a less loaded version of yours, the other day, and it was 4584 kJ (1095 cal)
    http://www.dominos.com.au/menu/pizzas

But perhaps you can find one that looks more like yours ... yours has a lot more stuff on it.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    "personal size", must be an American thing??

All I've ever seen is:
    small
    large
    party

Dominos, pizza hut etc are all just one regular size.
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Jesus, the things I would do to that pizza...making this intermittent fasting thing PRETTY TOUGH! lol <3
  • glortard
    glortard Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Large pan meat feast pizza from Pizza hut has 283 calories per slice