Bear with me....I'm trying....

Options
This seems silly to even ask....

When your stomach growls at 3:30 pm, are you supposed to just ignore it or feed it?

I'm afraid if I wait when I get home I'll binge, b/c I 'think' I'm starving. But I also don't want to have a snack, then I won't have enough calories left for a halfway decent supper.

Im currently chewing a piece of gum, and drinking water like a freak...and have mercy on the next person who comes by I might knaw their arm off.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Replies

• FryingPanda
    FryingPanda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    how many times a day are you eating?
  • rayer50
    rayer50 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Pickles pickles and more pickles. Low calorie snack.
  • Trafty024
    Trafty024 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I say eat. Even if you are going to be over by a few hundred cal because you still need to eat a decent dinner, it's better to have something now and avoid binging later. As long as you don't go totally nuts right now, a few hundred calories today won't make or break you!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I eat every couple of hours and I make sure I space my calories out so I can do that. If you're hungry, I say eat. Eat something small - it'll prevent the binge later. An apple, banana, yogurt, etc.
  • trish1960
    trish1960 Posts: 39
    Options
    1 cup of lettuce is only 8 calories. Do you like lettuce?
  • Marcia_11
    Marcia_11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Personally, I feed it! Usually carrots or an apple, a few crackers and a tablespoon of peanut butter. Something around 100-150 calories. I plan this snack out just like my meals because I know I am hungry everyday at this time no matter how big my breakfast and lunch are.
  • megrrt
    megrrt Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have been told to drink a glass of water and if you are still hungry eat.
    Sometimes if you are dehydrated you will feel hungry.
    Try it and see...
  • mirandamatte
    mirandamatte Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Pickles pickles and more pickles. Low calorie snack.

but unfortunately loaded out the wazoo with sodium....a shame b/c i love pickles.
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Pickles are made from cucumbers which have much less sodium. Cucumbers in vinegar and water with a little salt/pepper - yummy summer in a bowl!
    Studies have shown that people who snack on nuts; almonds, walnuts etc report being less hungry and eat less calories overall. 1oz (weight) is a serving.
  • notoriousgtt
    notoriousgtt Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Grapes, apples, bananas, any kind of fruit or veg really. Remember the goal is not to starve yourself, if you are hungry then your body needs to eat something.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    If your stomach is growling, you probably need to eat something. Fruit is good at that time of day, I usually have a fiber bar or some yogurt that can hold me over until supper.