Family and friends

Options
I'm seeing my family and friends this weekend and they are all terrible for trying to pressure junk food on me, I don't want to be rude,
Anyone got a good way to deal with this?

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    "No, thank you."
  • ckspores1018
    ckspores1018 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    It isn't rude to refuse food. Just say "no, thanks" and change the subject. They are the rude ones if they continue to hound you about it.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Just say "I'm fine, but thank you". No one is forcing you to eat anything you don't want to.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    say ' no thanks' ?

I"m not sure what the problem is.

On the flip side, don't be so strict with yourself that you feel you CAN'T relax and enjoy food and your family/ friends. Just plan for it accordingly.
  • geedeexx
    geedeexx Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've found the problem is as I live away from friends and family I'm kind of in my good zone while I'm here and then find myself wanting to slip back into old habits (especially going out for dinner - I find it hard to get low cal vegetarian options)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Be rude. This is your life and your health.
  • Nerdycurls
    Nerdycurls Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I repeat what others have said by reiterating the "no thanks" part and...

You have to remember family and friends for the most part, see this as a change. In short, change scares most people. "If my cousin/sister/daughter/bff actually loses 20+ pounds, what else is going to happen?" is running through their heads.

On the flip side, this IS about your health and lifelong well-being. To me, it's selfish of them to not see the bigger picture and be supportive. Just laugh it off when they give you crap and keep repeating yourself until you make a broken record look fixed lol.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    "No, thanks."

Or make it fit your calories!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Say "no thanks" and keep in mind that if they feel free to push you to eat more they are not concerned with coming off as rude.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    geedeexx wrote: »
    I'm seeing my family and friends this weekend and they are all terrible for trying to pressure junk food on me, I don't want to be rude,

Kick them in the shin then refuse the food. No one will think your rude for refusing food.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    geedeexx wrote: »

Kick them in the shin then refuse the food. No one will think your rude for refusing food.

Lol. That sounds like something my dad would say. If I complained about an ache or pain when I was a kid, he'd say "come here and let me step on your toe so you'll forget about that scratch."