Starting over again.

Options
My name is Cheryl....I'm 45 yrs old and have been trying to lose weight all my life. I am now using this site to help myself and the people at the Bariatric center (non-surgical) with my weight loss. I self sabotage myself and binge eat and can use all the suppose I can get. Thanks for being here!

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I found I was binging when I wasn't letting myself have my favorite things. Using MFP allowed me to get control of my eating habits as well as have cookies and beer and ice cream while still losing weight. I think of my daily calorie allotment as a bank account. The 'cost' (i.e. calories) of each food has to be worth it in order for me to spend my calories on it. I tend to eat a fairly nutritious diet, but cookies and ice cream still play a part. And chocolate. :) You just have to find what works for you. You've got this - just keep trying.
  • laurajayne322
    laurajayne322 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I second what davis_em said. Being part of this web site and tracking everything makes you accountable and also lets you see when things aren't quite as bad as you thought. (One day recently I ate an entire pack of cookies and thought I may as well give up, I tracked them and when I completed my entry for the day MFP told me I'd still lose weight and that spurred me on to continue). x
  • Popeyeboy1
    Popeyeboy1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the encuraging info. Day 1 and I've stayed on track!