Settings on HRM Question

Options
jennmoore3
jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
o.k. I set my HRM to XXX weight. Now when I lose weight, do I have to reset the settings? if I am at 210 now, and later I am 180, will it still be as accurate as it was when I was 210?

Replies

• Hanzo44
    Hanzo44 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    yea, I think your current weight factors into how many calories you burn. That's why as you get lighter its harder to burn cals, that and you have less fat to burn. Congrats on your weight loss as well.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Yes, you need to reset as you lose weight.

I usually set it for 10 pounds less than I am that way I'm underestimating calories if anything and I don't have to worry about it for 10 pounds or more.
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know this as well. I just got an HRM and want to make sure I use it properly.
  • jennmoore3
    Options

I usually set it for 10 pounds less than I am that way I'm underestimating calories if anything and I don't have to worry about it for 10 pounds or more.

O.K. Thanks. Now, I just have to figure out how to reset mine. lol
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

O.K. Thanks. Now, I just have to figure out how to reset mine. lol

Which HRM do you have? I have the Polar FT7 and to get to the settings just push one of the up down buttons and it should show settings, click ok and then you can re-set it from there.
  • jennmoore3
    Options

Which HRM do you have? I have the Polar FT7 and to get to the settings just push one of the up down buttons and it should show settings, click ok and then you can re-set it from there.

Well, I have the polar FT4 so it should be easy to do. I have only used it a few times, so I am not that comfortable with it yet. I have to get out the book to remind me. lol
  • jennmoore3
    Options

Well, I have the polar FT4 so it should be easy to do. I have only used it a few times, so I am not that comfortable with it yet. I have to get out the book to remind me. lol
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

Lol, yea. I absolutely love my FT7... its so easy to use. If the book doesn't explain it well there is always the extended manuel online.