20/20 diet

Options
Korriinn
Korriinn Posts: 26 Member
I am starting the 20/20 diet by Dr. Phil here within a few days, have ben working out and counting calories but no real results yet. Wanted to try something different to jumpstart the weight loss and help with the feeling of wanting to eat all the time! Anyone else do this diet?

Replies

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Step one: Stop doing anything promoted by anyone on TV.

Step two: Stop doing anything promoted by any type of celebrity.

Step three: Stop doing anything that follows the following title layout: "______ Diet"

Step four: Simply log the food you are eating, and consume fewer calories than you burn in a day. Presto! You will lose weight.

I'm sure some other people will jump in here with more detail on how to complete Step 4 successfully.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Why would you follow a diet plan by;
    • A man with no degree in nutrition or anything similar
    • A man who advertised it on TV
    He earned a B.A. degree in psychology at Midwestern State University with a B.A. degree in psychology, an M.A. degree in experimental psychology in 1976, and a Ph.D. degree in clinical psychology in 1979 at the University of North Texas.
    Source: http://starcasm.net/archives/307547 (end paragraph)

OP you can't really 'jump start' your weight loss. You either lose weight, or you don't.

Just count your calories, eat in a deficit, easy.

This RIGHT HERE. Celebrities who promote [insert-generic-name-here] diets are just out to make a bit of money. They're either restricting, potentially dangerous, or just make you lose water weight for a short period of time. They have no sustainability AT ALL.
    Step three: Stop doing anything that follows the following title layout: "______ Diet"
    Step four: Simply log the food you are eating, and consume fewer calories than you burn in a day. Presto! You will lose weight.

I'm sure some other people will jump in here with more detail on how to complete Step 4 successfully.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    He earned a B.A. degree in psychology at Midwestern State University with a B.A. degree in psychology, an M.A. degree in experimental psychology in 1976, and a Ph.D. degree in clinical psychology in 1979 at the University of North Texas.

OP you can't really 'jump start' your weight loss. You either lose weight, or you don't.

This RIGHT HERE. Celebrities who promote [insert-generic-name-here] diets are just out to make a bit of money. They're either restricting, potentially dangerous, or just make you lose water weight for a short period of time. They have no sustainability AT ALL.

afrigginmen
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    When I think of fit healthy celebrities I'd like to look like, it isn't Dr Phil who comes to my mind.....
  • RebeccaD22
    RebeccaD22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    When I think of fit healthy celebrities I'd like to look like, it isn't Dr Phil who comes to my mind.....

LMAO! It's so true...
  • RebeccaD22
    RebeccaD22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Honestly, It is a fad diet that he uses to his benefit one way or another (ratings, money, exposure...)
    Why would that be good for you?
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Korriinn wrote: »
    I am starting the 20/20 diet by Dr. Phil here within a few days, have ben working out and counting calories but no real results yet. Wanted to try something different to jumpstart the weight loss and help with the feeling of wanting to eat all the time! Anyone else do this diet?

If Dr. Phil thinks that his diet is so successful, why does he look the way he does ?

• Korriinn
    Korriinn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow guys, I was asking if anyone has tried it or is doing it. If I wanted the bitching I'd call my mom! Lol well I know it is considered a fad diet but I don't care the diet foods are healthy and everything I should be eating anyways so why not? He has an exercise program that is included too, it's something different so again why not? I wont defend my choices guys, if you don't like it don't do it! hahah
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Korriinn wrote: »
    Wow guys, I was asking if anyone has tried it or is doing it. If I wanted the bitching I'd call my mom! Lol well I know it is considered a fad diet but I don't care the diet foods are healthy and everything I should be eating anyways so why not? He has an exercise program that is included too, it's something different so again why not? I wont defend my choices guys, if you don't like it don't do it! hahah

live_on_this_planet_futurama.gif

OP, people were trying to help you.

*Edit: For the record, I agree with everyone above.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    her purpose was to find out if anyone else was trying this "diet" and to find out how they were doing. Pretty simple to understand actually
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    marm1962 wrote: »
    her purpose was to find out if anyone else was trying this "diet" and to find out how they were doing. Pretty simple to understand actually

Hmm, well fortunately for her, she is in a public forum where people are free to post advice, even if it's not necessarily what OP wants to hear. Most people will advise against doing something silly in order to save the OP a lot of unnecessary hassle and/or money spent.

Many people are mature and open to discussion, but we occasionally get a few bad apples who are ready to poop all over any dissenting opinions, as is the case in this thread, apparently.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    From a quick google search, this diet is basically eating clean, but cutting out grains, dairy and sugars. In other words, a low-ish carb diet kind of. You don't need a quack doc to follow something like that. I eat extremely low carb, so cutting out grains isn't new to me, but couldn't do high fat without full-fat dairy.

Good luck OP. but I wouldn't follow Dr Phil, Dr Oz or any of those TV docs.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

Because we can. ;)
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

Ok. So how did you do on the diet? Since the only people who should reply are the ones who tried it?
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »

Ok. So how did you do on the diet? Since the only people who should reply are the ones who tried it?

I'm sure OP really meant only people who have done the diet OR white knights should respond.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

afrigginmen

Can I get a hell yeah?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »

I'm sure OP really meant only people who have done the diet OR white knights should respond.

Oh, right. My bad.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    4116016_2d0cd88197ad45e5b56f461ba1d1937f.jpg
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm disappointed. I thought the 20/20 diet would be where you looked back at how you used to eat and went "man, no wonder I got fat!"