Looking for exercise suggestions, please

Options
I need some exercise suggestions. I've been trying to figure out what I would really enjoy doing so that I will have a better chance of sticking with it. I like things that "build up" skill levels to a final result. For example, maybe learning a dance routine with each session learning a new move and practicing the previous ones and then put them all together at the end. Something kinda like that so that by the end of it, I will have learned to do something new. *That* keeps me motivated because when I'm learning something new, I want to be the best at it. C25K "builds up" like that and I did that last year but I'm not really interested in it anymore. That's me - once I accomplish something, I'm ready to move on to something new. Any suggestions for something like that that I can do at home?

I would also like suggestions on some sports to try. I used to play disc golf a lot several years ago but I'm older now and it's REALLY hot outside! I don't want to play a team sport like softball or volleyball but I think I might like 1-on-1 sports. And something that can be played indoors. Maybe racquetball? Any other 1-on-1 sports suggestions? Or maybe karate or something similar for older females? Yoga might be good... Just thinking out loud here.

I guess I would just like some exercise ideas that aren't the usual walking, running, or going to the gym. I understand no one can tell me what I would like but I'm just looking for things that I haven't already thought of. Thank you!

Replies

• sescamillaa
    sescamillaa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into fitness programs by Beachbody? Those you can do from home. I'm a Beachbody coach & I love how they have beginner programs & then ones that are more intense for when you want to kick it up a notch! PiYo is good for yoga & I love Tony Horton's Kempo X for the karate moves!
  • sescamillaa
    sescamillaa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Here's my website if you'd like to take a look around.
    www.beachbodycoach.com/saraescamilla
    You can also connect with me on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/saraefitness