30 Day Shred LEVEL 2 - SCARED

Options
Today I will complete day 10 of level 1 - and yes I did 10 days in a row and I am really suprised at how great I feel. The frist few days were terrible and I did not think I was going to make it. I did push though and I am glad that I did. I am just really worried about starting level two tomorrow.

1) I hope I can get though it
2) I hope i can keep it up for the next 10 days. ( to make it to level three!)

Just wondering if anyone can tell me how level two is. Will I die!?!?!

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    It's really not hard at all. It still has plank work. Congrats on you first 10 days.
  • kim824
    kim824 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I think you will be surprised by how strong you are. It may not be a cakewalk right off but you can do it!
  • Caroline9252
    Options
    It's really not hard at all. It still has plank work. Congrats on you first 10 days.

I love planks!!! - (sarcasm!!!) :wink:
  • exercisarah
    exercisarah Posts: 37
    Options
    it's not super hard, you'll survive, but I always think of level 2 as the sweat level, because i'm always sweating waaay more by the end of level 2 than I am by the end of levels 1 or 3
  • Kristierlong
    Kristierlong Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I thought level 2 was actually easier than level 1.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I thought Level 1 was heavy on thighs; Level 2 is focused on shoulders. And I have weak upper arms, that makes Level 2 harder for me than Level 1. It is getting easier though! I have no idea what Level 3 entails but will find out soon! Good luck.
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    Side plank aaagggghhhh !!!!!
  • Caroline9252
    Options
    Thank you all for the fast reply!!! I am weak with shoulders as well so it will likley be harder for me then, but I will push though it - I think its going to make me feel good to stick with something for 30 days.
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    i just did my first session of level 2 yesterday and thought I was going to die. maybe it will be easier for you. OH and im sore as crap today too ;) ...although yesterday was a weight lifting day for me also, so that might have a LITTLE to do with it lol. GOOD LUCK.
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    Do u move up a level at a set time or just when you're ready?
  • Jovannyr
    Jovannyr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Im glad you asked that question because I too will be starting level 2 tomorrow ...I still havent "mastered" level 1 persay, but Im getting bored so I guess i should move on...I really had to stop for about 2 days cuz if not I would have literally died, lol...i couldnt even sit down or go up and down the stairs (crazy)...I am past my thighs killing me and what helped with that was the walking on the treadmil...I have to say that I started with only being able to do one push up and now I can do more than 5...:happy:
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    Im doing it every other day. I've got 2 other jm DVDs too so I alternate. I'll work up to 4-5 days a week.
  • Septembergirl23
    Septembergirl23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I thought level 2 was actually easier than level 1.

I was going to say the same thing! I was almost disappointed in level 2. After trying a different DVD for a month, I am going back for my second round of 30DS. I am on day 5. I am hoping for the same (or better) results as I had the first time through.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Ha! It's so interesting how different people react to different things. I thought level 2 was the hardest level on the DVD.
  • kimberlylove
    kimberlylove Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I hate planks and level 2 has lots of them. I did level 2 today and found out very quickly my shoulders and core need a lot more work. I will definitely spend more time on level 2. I think I will alternate level 1 & 2 every few days for a couple of weeks.
  • Chritt
    Chritt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I find level 2 much better than level 1 actually! You'll do great!!
  • keelekat
    keelekat Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm still on level 1 (day 6), but as I was bored (or insane) I decided to do level 2 after I had finished level 1 today. I would agree that I certainly sweated more with level 2, and it was tough at parts... the plank work is crazy... but if you have decent upper body strength then you won't suffer too much.

Was pleasantly surprised by the lack of pain... I even went for a run this afternoon... for the first time in years! We'll see if there is pain tomorrow ;)
  • mehmig
    mehmig Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of level 2 today. In some ways easier and some much harder. It really is a lot of upper body which is hard for me. And just different body parts in different ways.
  • mommy2jkserjlja
    Options
    L2 is not bad at all. Finished up my 30 day shred in March before starting Insanity. It is a really good dvd to get ya started.
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    JUST finished Day 2 of level 2. Everyone's body reacts differently. Have the upper body strength of a baby bird, so I am a big hater of the planks. There is a lot of that in level 2. Agree about the sweating too. MUCH yuckier than level one. But my legs are pretty tough, so I enjoyed that part more than in level one. Friend me if you like and we can suffer through together!