-_-
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    andyarceye wrote: »
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    So, do you weigh and measure your food?

See above posts, I know what I eat.

Nope. You go by packaging info. As meticulous as you are with measuring CO (probably inflated), I would think you'd use the same fastidiousness to track your CI.

• senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    When being a metabolic snow flake probability > failed in measuring probability.
    Just everyday MFP things
  • myfelinepal
    myfelinepal Posts: 13,000 Member
    Options
    Just stay fat.
  • ceebubbles
    ceebubbles Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Summary of OP's complaint:

"I refuse to weigh my intake per individual item, calculate my own BMR, and blindly go by whatever a package tells me about my food. Clearly, science has lied to me and I am not at fault because I'm not losing weight."

:D
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    so did I miss the part about OP weighing and logging food or...

no?

astonishing
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    mathjulz.

I appreciate what you are suggesting, however let me point out.
    You seem to have jumped on weighing food part , I don't way individual items, but I know the weights I eat, I gave an example with the bananas.
    My energy used in kJ is measured, not estimated, if I do a 25 mile ride on 2 different days the results will be different and expected to be different. If however, I do 500kJ of work, I have done 500kJ of work the calorie burn is the same, if someone half my weight does 500kJ of work they also burn the same calories. The measure used by the bike computer is Watts, Watts are Watts regardless of all other variables.

So do you work in kj or calories?

Do you take supposed bmr off your exercise, or include it twice?

You don't have to "complete" days on MFP... You can log whatever you like. At least you'd know what you're actually eating. (you don't)
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    In. For the special snow flake!!

OP you are wrong, weigh all solid foods and measure liquids!!!

As long as you keep denying it you will not get no where, how about giving the good advice that everyone is giving you and try it??
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Food labels can be off by up to 20%.

You're eating more than you think. Buy a food scale and weigh all of your solid foods.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Its simple

Eat less calories than you burn...lose weight
    Eat the same as you burn...maintain
    Eat more than you burn....gain.

Chose your group that applies to you.

When you think you dont belong in a group ( like gaining) change it by going to the weight loss group by creating a deficit...This can be accomplished by
    WEIGHING ALL YOUR FOOD ON A FOOD SCALE!!!! ( and not using cups/spoons or serving sizes because they can be way off)

Good luck!
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    So then, the point of your post is to tell everyone that you think you're a special snowflake, rather than ask for advice? People are giving you good advice as to what you can do to figure out where your issue is, and you're pretty much telling everyone that they're wrong and you're right.

If you're doing everything you're doing, and you're gaining weight, there's either something medically wrong (ie. go and speak to your doctor), or something in your numbers are wrong. If you think there is misinformation about BMR, then adjust it; no calculation will be exact, so adjust accordingly.

For you to not be in a Calorie deficit, there has to be an error in the numbers; whether it is the BMR, your 'Calories in' counting, or your 'Calories out'. Now those errors could be made by you (to err is human, no one is perfect in their Calorie counting), or by the caloric data on the food you're logging (on that note, if you're relying on user input entries in the mfp database, that could be a big difference in your 'Cals in'). I'm sure the big variable is your exercise burns. There's a reason why people here suggest you only ever eat back half of your exercise Cals.

If you want change to happen, you need to experiment; if what you're doing isn't working now, then it can't hurt to take the suggestions of the posters who are trying to help you.

* As an afterthought - if you eat a decent amount of fresh fruit, you can have a massive Caloric variance over time when compared to something like the data the USDA provides for the nutritional panels. The amount of sugar and other nutrients in a piece of fruit can vary massively over a fruit's season and even the orchard where it's grown.

Also how can you eat exactly the same thing every day? That would just drive me batty.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    OP - few things..

1. if yo uare alive and typing on this thread then you have a metabolism.
    2. if you are not losing weight then you are not in a calorie deficit, period.

• ndj1979
    Options
    I have food which is is already weighed, the example I gave was a nitrigrain bar, it has a weight , I can't be far off or there would be law suits.
    I buy a punnet of melons, grapes and such, which clearly show their weight, same applies. Bananas, I purchase by weight, and divide them up for the sake of argument 5 bananas = 1 kg = 200 grams each, I know it could be 205 for one then 195 for another, but the entire weight is 1kg so it's known.

So no I do not weigh every individual item I eat, but I know what I am eating and how much it weighs.

So I guess special snowflake I am :) .

In truth I believe the BMR calculations are too generalized and very inaccurate, so where I was given 1726, in reality, it may actually be 700 or so. Also the calorie burned is calculated based on the amount of kJ of energy required to do the workload I do, the kJ are measured, but the calculation to convert it into calories taking into account human efficiency is so variable it can be incredibly inaccurate.

if you are not weighing individual items like steak, chicken, etc, etc, then your logging is not accurate and you are eating more than you think.

get a food scale and weight as many solids as you can.

you do not defy physics.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

Nah, you don't. If you did, you'd be losing weight.
  • ckspores1018
    ckspores1018 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Don't distract him with your "facts" and your "logic." He's trying to explain why he's special!
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Nah, you don't. If you did, you'd be losing weight.

lul are you the meanest mean person now? I can't tell who's winning anymore

rest o the crew gonna have to step up
  • ndj1979
    edited June 2015
    Options
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    In for later.