I keep Going over my sugar limits with Fruit! :( Help!

Options
oneallmama
oneallmama Posts: 108 Member
Can the sugars from fruits put on weight? I know we have a certain guideline for grams of sugar and yes I add sugar and half and half to my coffee (thats probably part of the problem) but everytime I get hungry at night I usually snack on an apple and peanut butter which sends my sugar intake for the day way up! I have a bad sweet tooth and it's going to be the death of me :(

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Sugar doesn't cause weight gain. Calorie surplus causes weight gain. Its about cico.

Also, i dont even track sugars from fruits
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Sugar doesn't cause weight gain. Calorie surplus causes weight gain. Its about cico.

cosign …

OP - you will only gain weight if you are in a caloric surplus.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Oooh ooh I know! Go into goals and swap out sugar for fiber. Unless there's a medical reason for you to be limiting sugar, you're fine. But you should go over 25 grams/fiber a day for digestive system health and general satiety.
  • oneallmama
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

cosign …

Ahh okay thanks, I just read an article online that said to limit sugar by limiting fruits... :/

• oneallmama
    Options
    Here's the article I read that put me into panic mode: http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/diet-tips/sugar-wise-how-fruit-stacks
  • barbecuesauce
    Options
    oneallmama wrote: »

cosign …

Ahh okay thanks, I just read an article online that said to limit sugar by limiting fruits... :/

That's throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Vitamins, antioxidants, and fiber come with that sugar--and fructose is a quickly usable source of energy.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options

cosign …

You'll read all types of ridiculous stuff online regarding weight loss. Dont believe everything you read. Do your own research. Figure out what methods people have used for long term success....hint hint....cico! !
  • barbecuesauce
    Options
    Here's the article I read that put me into panic mode: http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/diet-tips/sugar-wise-how-fruit-stacks

Shape, Women's Health, Men's Health, Oxygen, Fitness---they're fun reads, but publish so much broscience and contradict themselves month-to-month so I would throw it out. What I did was strip it back to the basics--just a calorie deficit. focus on eating more protein and fiber. I have lost 61 pounds ignoring much of the advice in these magazines.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

cosign …

Ahh okay thanks, I just read an article online
    25997987.jpg
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

wow, so much woo woo …

I would stay away from shape and womans world..

and 26 grams of sugar a day…really? LOLZ I get north of 50 sometimes almost 100 every day.