Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Because hindsight is always 20/20.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I'm disappointed. I thought the 20/20 diet would be where you looked back at how you used to eat and went "man, no wonder I got fat!"

What you did there?

tumblr_lhns9z9H9x1qe7hhvo1_500.jpg
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Korriinn wrote: »
    Wow guys, I was asking if anyone has tried it or is doing it. If I wanted the bitching I'd call my mom! Lol well I know it is considered a fad diet but I don't care the diet foods are healthy and everything I should be eating anyways so why not? He has an exercise program that is included too, it's something different so again why not? I wont defend my choices guys, if you don't like it don't do it! hahah

why don't you just use MFP, get a food scale, hit micros/macros, and do some exercise..

why do you need Dr Phil to create a calorie deficit?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

I this was the night line diet...
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It's called a fad diet for a reason, Doctor Phil over the years since I was in high school used to come up with stuff like this all the time, and high school was like 15 years ago for me........ so that says something!

I agree with everyone above, they speak the truth and this is coming from someone who has lost over 150lbs eating healthy and doing it the proper way, if you didn't want feedback like this you shouldn't of posted it

/dropsmicandwalksoffsoapbox
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

I this was the night line diet...

With Bubba Wubba and Hugh Downs?
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    I'm disappointed. I thought the 20/20 diet would be where you looked back at how you used to eat and went "man, no wonder I got fat!"

OMG I totally said that exact thing the other night after making my amazing pesto pasta for the first time in six months!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

Said the picture of a horse's *kitten*.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    You go, OP ... waste time and money on a foolish fad diet. When it fails, remember how you crapped on those offering sound advice and pray they are willing to forgive your youthful indiscretion.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

Said the picture of a horse's *kitten*.

<snork>

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I might get flack for this, but I would trust Dr. Phil's advice if say, I was having a personal crisis. He doesn't sugar coat anything, and he is great at that aspect of his job. I would not do his 20/20 plan, because he doesn't have the background to show that his methods are any more effective than CICO. Just like I wouldn't go vegan because Beyonce created a 22 day diet plan. They have a financial incentive to promote their products/lifestyles.

The 20/20 Diet is something you could have created for yourself by coming on here, seeing what types of lifestyles people have chosen, and picked what works best for you to create sustainable changes. His book is no special trick to weight loss; it's another way to create a calorie deficit, only it relies on elimination of food groups.

I understand if you are annoyed that your OP was not answered, but given that this is a public forum, and many members are against fad diets (which you acknowledge this is), I would advise you to be open to feedback. Just because it does not agree with your OP, does not mean people are "whining" (not repeating your word choice, since I don't feel like getting a flag for swearing, since that goes against the communinty guidelines).
  • Korriinn
    Korriinn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    marm1962 wrote: »
    her purpose was to find out if anyone else was trying this "diet" and to find out how they were doing. Pretty simple to understand actually

THANK YOU <3
  • Korriinn
    Korriinn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow guys, I was asking if anyone has tried it or is doing it. If I wanted the bitching I'd call my mom! Lol well I know it is considered a fad diet but I don't care the diet foods are healthy and everything I should be eating anyways so why not? He has an exercise program that is included too, it's something different so again why not? I wont defend my choices guys, if you don't like it don't do it! hahah

So what exactly was the purpose of this thread? Just trying to hear a bunch of "You go girl!"s?

Clearly.

Absolutely not! I was wondering if anyone else tried it and if they did what did they think of it. If I wanted to just here that, id post something about how I am sticking to clean eating etc lol! I appreciate people taking their time to comment on here but it isn't necessary to be so negative! If you haven't tried the diet, don't comment! Period.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Commenting cause I can. Period.

giphy.gif
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Step one: Stop doing anything promoted by anyone on TV.

Step two: Stop doing anything promoted by any type of celebrity.

Step three: Stop doing anything that follows the following title layout: "______ Diet"

Step four: Simply log the food you are eating, and consume fewer calories than you burn in a day. Presto! You will lose weight.

I'm sure some other people will jump in here with more detail on how to complete Step 4 successfully.

This.

Doesn't sound like OP is interested in our experiences with Step 4, however.

I never understand the appeal of these dopey diet plans vs. just eating healthy (focusing on foods you like) and within your calories. I expect it's the endless desire to believe there really is some magic way.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

So what exactly was the purpose of this thread? Just trying to hear a bunch of "You go girl!"s?

Clearly.

Absolutely not! I was wondering if anyone else tried it and if they did what did they think of it. If I wanted to just here that, id post something about how I am sticking to clean eating etc lol! I appreciate people taking their time to comment on here but it isn't necessary to be so negative! If you haven't tried the diet, don't comment! Period.

So you don't want to hear from people who recognize this is a foolish diet and avoid it ... just those who participate in foolish plans?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    OP - take the "20 Key Foods" list and chuck it. There isn't a way to"enhance the body’s thermogenesis (or caloric burn)" thru food.

However, parts of the book (I've not read it)....are likely dealing with behavioral changes, given that Dr. Phil is a psychologist. This part of the book may actually be helpful.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Step one: Stop doing anything promoted by anyone on TV.

Step two: Stop doing anything promoted by any type of celebrity.

Step three: Stop doing anything that follows the following title layout: "______ Diet"

Step four: Simply log the food you are eating, and consume fewer calories than you burn in a day. Presto! You will lose weight.

I'm sure some other people will jump in here with more detail on how to complete Step 4 successfully.

This.

Doesn't sound like OP is interested in our experiences with Step 4, however.

I never understand the appeal of these dopey diet plans vs. just eating healthy (focusing on foods you like) and within your calories. I expect it's the endless desire to believe there really is some magic way.

86918-Shia-LaBeouf-magic-gif-SNL-dou-qiOs.gif
  • RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna say...don't waste your money on the book. And just 20 "key foods"? Anything that is going to restrict your diet that much can't be sustainable. OP, do you want to lose weight and keep it off, or do you want to gain it back when you get done? If you like the idea of eating clean, do it. If you like the idea of low carb, do that. I'll agree with an above poster, if you like the parts of the book that deal with the behaviors and such, read that, but take it as a grain of salt as well. He may be an "expert" but you're the only one who knows you and your body.

Simple calorie tracking and exercise can be just as, if not more so, effective. Plus, it's more sustainable.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options

and another gullible 19 year old sticks their head in the sand and goes off into a futile fad diet. SHEESH. People have given you good rock solid advice, if you want accolades for being a DR. Phil fan then maybe his forum would be the place for you.