On a mission to become a new healthy me.

My weight has always fluctuated but this last year it's gotten to a point to where it's really hard for me to lose it. So now I'm on an mission to be a more healthy me so that I can maintain a healthy body.

Replies

• Leidy08
    Leidy08 Posts: 7 Member
    Good for you!! It's not going to be easy, but it is obtainable :)
  • cjschulting
    cjschulting Posts: 27 Member
    I am new to fitness pal. Struggling with motivation! I am trying to focus on healthy lifestyle. Just got blood work back and triglycerides and cholesterol are high. I am already on by meds, so I don't want any more meds!
  • gmitchell79
    gmitchell79 Posts: 2 Member
    Finding motivation could be hard, my issues are dedication and discipline. But we all can do it, let's push each other to be a better, healthier us. :)
  • cjschulting
    I checking in with you ladies frequently. Let me know how I can be of help to you
  • Jetspaz
    Jetspaz Posts: 3 Member
    I am exactly the same way. Like I said earlier, I need a personal pusher with a bullwhip! So easy to give up... Lets support each other!
  • sierra7077
    sierra7077 Posts: 5 Member
    I gained almost 40 pounds over 3 years at my old job (stuck at a desk), I got a new job and really want to turn over a new leaf and drop the extra weight! I'm down to spread some motivation, let's encourage each other!
  • cjschulting
    Hey girls, how is the week going.?
  • dianapedersenbush
    dianapedersenbush Posts: 2 Member
    I lost 30+ pounds a few years ago with healthy eating and exercise and it has slowly built up. Went to the Dr and she told me I was obese....never heard that before. I have lost some but need to drop another 15 - 20 pounds and maintain it. I am in for building one another up and encouraging. I start out the day good but somewhere around dinner just turn into an eating machine... not always bad choices just way too much. Trying to change that...
  • dianapedersenbush
    dianapedersenbush Posts: 2 Member
    I have been reading a book ... made to crave by Lysa Terkeurst... she made a comment that has been helping me. Remember the old supremes song.... Stop in the name of love...think it over, think it over... every time I go to start eating something I know I shouldn't or when I shouldn't these words start to echo in my head... I have found it helpful.
  • BritexpatBagpuss
    BritexpatBagpuss Posts: 9 Member
    I'm trying to lose 16lbs in 8 weeks. I have a vacation planned for the Bahamas and would very much like to not feel self conscious and uncomfortable once again stepping into my bathing suit. I have two girls 4 and 7 and am 44 years old. The usual story, I just got lazy and have a really hard time staying motivated. I'd like to join you all and get some support.
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    You got this!! Make sure you have a solid plan in place and you stick to the 3 keys of fitness: Nutrition, Exercise, and Support. When you first start out, it's tough, but hang in there. Feel free to add me.