In need of VEGAN BREAKFAST IDEAS!

Options
Hi all,
What are you vegan/plant-based peeps eating for breakfast?! On my day off it's not an issue because I have time to make stuff. What I'm looking for are work morning solutions - something I can have prepped and ready to go that I can just grab on my way out the door. I get up at 4am, so there won't be any making of anything at that hour. I need something healthier than what I've been doing. So let me know what you guys do! Thanks in advance!

Replies

• maineapple
    maineapple Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I also get up at 4:30 am. Sometimes I will make a breakfast burrito which takes literally only 5 minutes to throw together. On a tortilla, spread 2 Tbsn. fat free refried beans, top with 2 Tbsn salsa, & 2 Tbsn shredded cheddar cheese and warm for about 45-60 seconds in microwave. Let cool while gathering things to head off to work. Eat on the way to work in the car.
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Excellent idea, thank you! I could do that with vegan cheese. I could maybe even have some rolled and wrapped up ahead of time.
  • dcost3llo
    dcost3llo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I usually make Vega One shakes in the morning with almond milk and bluberries(or whatever fruit I want)! Takes under 15 seconds im sure! I too work early (up at 4:30a) work by 5:45a!
  • TeenaMarina
    Options
    dcost3llo wrote: »
    I usually make Vega One shakes in the morning with almond milk and bluberries(or whatever fruit I want)! Takes under 15 seconds im sure! I too work early (up at 4:30a) work by 5:45a!

I've never tried it. As long as it's not full of crap! I'll look into it... thanks! Can it be shaken up without a blender?
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Porridge with fruit (takes about 10 minutes to make if you soak the oats overnight), Plain Soya yoghurt with fruit and nuts, Bagels (nothing like a good bagel). Some blueberry spelt breakfast muffins I make .... The list is endless
  • lisasays
    lisasays Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal (cooked or raw) with tons of berries, nectarines, nuts or peanut butter chia and almind or coconut milk.

Chia pudding or overnight oats with fruit.

Smoothies

Breakfast cookies (lots of recipes on Pinterest) or muffins.

• Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Toast with nutbutter or peanut butter or vegimite ('straya mate). My standard is a shake with almond milk, kale, spinach, a banana or 2 and some raw pea protein (I like Raw Slim & Tone in macadamia & cacao.

On sweet tooth days, I like 2 bananas, a cup of almond milk, cacao powder, the Raw powder and blend into awesome "nice cream" and topped with almond slivers and cacao nibs for crunch!

Hope you get some good ideas :-)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Chia pudding is good - you can add a plant based protein powder to boost the protein. You can make a weeks worth in one go and split it in to jars or serve it daily...
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I make smoothies the night before and put them in reused glasd Starbucks coffee bottles....silken tofu, one frozen banana, a cup of raspberries and a cup of blueberries and pomegranate juice and chia seeds....leave room in bottle to add water in case it's too thick in morning
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats. Easy, make the night before and eat hit or cold.
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i like savory foods for breakfast, so I love breakfast burritos and sandwiches.

I generally just throw a protein in one with daiya cheese and ketchup.

• jillyrose0711
    jillyrose0711 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I make a big batch of steelcut oats at the beginning of my work week and portion them out into small containers that I reheat in the winter or eat cold in warm weather- mix in nut butters, seeds, berries, sliced banana, etc =)
  • TeenaMarina
    Options
    Loving all these ideas, thanks ladies! Especially the ones I can do ahead. I literally get up and try to get out the door in 15-20 mins. Breakfasts I can make twice a week and have three days worth ready in the fridge are definitely how I have to do it! x
  • Furbuster
    Furbuster Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Sounds gross but my fave is mashed banana, cinnamon then mixed with marmalade warmed under the grill on toast :) That or Marmite and Sheese on crumpets...yum.
  • TeenaMarina
    Options
    Furbuster wrote: »
    Sounds gross but my fave is mashed banana, cinnamon then mixed with marmalade warmed under the grill on toast :) That or Marmite and Sheese on crumpets...yum.

Actually sounds amazing! I love marmite but what's sheese?

• inspiredlives
    inspiredlives Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    try arbonne vegan protein shakes, the best tasting protein and no chalky taste. my favorite is vanilla protein, 1 Tbsp of almond butter, almond milk, ice, flax and Chia. tastes amazing. but their shakes r so yummy u can just mix with water too and shake and go
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Vegan chia seed pudding in the fridge the night before:
    2gts8haroqj7.jpg
    3/4 cup chia seeds
    2 cups almond milk
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    3-4 pitted dates or other fruit or nuts
    Tiny dash salt
  • donalynvaughn
    donalynvaughn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My favorite "gotta eat quick and get out the door" breakfast is a Van's vegan waffle, topped with nut butter, some chia seeds or chopped walnuts, and a banana. Depending on the waffle, some days I do two waffles and make it a sandwich.
  • jmain2qr
    jmain2qr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I make steel cut oats and freeze them in a muffin pan then seperate them 2 in a ziploc bag and just pop them in the microwave for a minute at work. The cookbook Isa Does It All has a great recipe for vegan muffin pan omelettes that I make too. Let's me know if you want recipes.
  • TeenaMarina
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Vegan chia seed pudding in the fridge the night before:
    2gts8haroqj7.jpg
    3/4 cup chia seeds
    2 cups almond milk
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    3-4 pitted dates or other fruit or nuts
    Tiny dash salt

This looks amazing! It just thickens up by itself?!