Low calorie breakfasts?

Options
Im on the hunt for breakfast ideas that are low calorie but also filling. Any ideas?

Replies

• musicandarts
    musicandarts Posts: 187 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Low fat yogurt, half serving of granola (90 cals), blueberries, grapes, pineapple, etc for 350 cals. Don't go below 350 cals. I drink a bottle of slim-fast some days plus a fruit.
  • erianswilliams
    erianswilliams Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    If you have time to cook, I usually scramble 2 eggs with spinach & a little feta cheese. Then I have some fruit on the side & my coffee. All together, the breakfast is under 300 calories. And it's super tasty.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    What I've been eating for breakfast lately is a Quest bar. I find them pretty filling & they can range anywhere from 170-190 calories.

You could also make scrambled eggs, omelets, oatmeal with your favorite toppings, or an egg sandwich with various toppings.
  • dinosaurparty
    dinosaurparty Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal and fruit. Berries are super low in calories, so I eat a ton of those. 40g of oatmeal, a cup and a half of mixed berries, and some almond milk comes out to less than 250 calories and keeps me going all morning. If you need some protein you can add some peanut butter or nuts.
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Half an avocado spread over toasted thin sandwich rounds.....can add salt and pepper if u like.....tastes decadent and is filling....
  • likehlikeo
    likehlikeo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Porridge made out of almond milk and 50g of oatmeal. Put it in the MW for 3-4mins on full blast (keep an eye on it, mine basically exploded a few times ;) ) maybe add a banana, some strawberries etc...enjoy!
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    for me, it is usually 3/4 cup of Special K Protein cereal with 1/2 cup light almond milk, accompanied by a medium banana. It comes out to be around 300 calories, and the perfect fuel for my morning workout.
  • hncary
    hncary Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    3 egg omelette with a slice of cheese and a serving of turkey/ham lunch meat makes for an easy and filling breakfast. You can also add in tomatoes, spinach, onion, and mushroom for minimal calories. Comes to around 340 cal before any added veggies. You could lower it more by adding in some egg whites as a substitute for one of the eggs if needed.

I also like to use mini bagels to make egg sandwiches. I usually do 2 eggs and a slice of white cheddar on whichever flavor mini bagel I'm in the mood for.
  • marynorbeck93
    marynorbeck93 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I always either have steal cut oatmeal or two servings of egg whites.
  • Gyllain
    Gyllain Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have 40g of Kellogg's cornflakes with 150ml of skimmed milk, it's 205 calories
  • shawnakelsey
    shawnakelsey Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Egg cheese mini bagel with either bacon or turkey sausage. Side of mixed fruit.

Multigrain waffles with crunchy peanut butter.

Homemade banana pancakes
    One egg
    One banana
    1/4 cup oatmeal
    Mix well in a blender

Half cup of granola and yogurt

If I know I'm going to be in in a hurry the next morning I normally pre-make our prep up my breakfast the night before
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with berries, some chopped nuts, and a scoop of FiberOne cereal.

Protein - fat & fiber
  • unlikelyathlete
    unlikelyathlete Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I scramble 4 "Egg whites" (12 tablespoons of pure egg whites) for 100 cals, have 1/2 a whole wheat english muffin with (60 cals) 1 tsp of peanut butter (50 cals) or a couple of tablespoons mashed avocado (50-100 cals). That's a max 260 calorie breakfast that keeps me full for several hours.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal and fruit. Berries are super low in calories, so I eat a ton of those. 40g of oatmeal, a cup and a half of mixed berries, and some almond milk comes out to less than 250 calories and keeps me going all morning. If you need some protein you can add some peanut butter or nuts.

Except they're predominantly fat sources so won't do much to boost your protein intake. The fat will help with satiety though...
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I made a chia pudding for a colleague who is a celiac. It was 1/8 cup chia seeds, 1/4 cup orange juice, and 3/4 cup greek yogurt, zero fat. It's 245 calories and my friend reported that it was very filling. I let the concoction soak overnight.
  • Agathokakological
    Agathokakological Posts: 136 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    A berry and oat smoothie. 6oz frozen mixed berries( I use the ones from Sam's), 20g of oats (I use quaker rolled oats), 20g of yogurt (I use Fage 2% plain greek), 7g of coconut oil (I use raw, unrefined, cold pressed, organic), an a cold 16oz bottle of water. I put it in my 24oz nutri ninja cup and blend. the cup is full and it is really filling. I actually had it for dinner last night around 7 and I was good til 12 when I went to bed.

Edit: should have added that it's 222 calories.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    The only low calorie breakfast that actually fills me up is 2 eggs with refried beans. 260ish calories but it does actually keep me full for 4 hours (unless it's PMS week).

Oatmeal with nut butter is second best though, but it's 300-350 calories. I need fiber and fat more than protein to fill me up in the morning... nothing else really works.
  • KristinaG_is_losing_it
    Options
    I was eating Quest bars for breakfast but that got old and I'm working out in the mornings now so I needed something worthwhile. I just started making egg white scrambles with cherry tomatoes and spinach. Just saute the tomatoes (halved) and a bunch of baby spinach (fresh) and then add 3/4 cup of the whites. I also sprinkle a little salt free Mrs. Dash on them. My mid morning snack is a greek yogurt, lately I've been eating Oiko's Triple Zero, I love the coconut creme flavor, mixed berry is good too.
  • CandiedCarrion
    CandiedCarrion Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of having three egg whites, seasoned to taste, with a whole wheat bagel and caramel almond spread. Usually about 280-350 calories.

I'm also fond of oatmeal with nuts and berries. I typically use dried cranberries and raisins, with almonds, a dash of cream and a bit of brown sugar. It's delicious, and usually comes up to about 300 calories. Keeps me full for about 4 hours.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I normally prefer larger breakfasts, but today I had my usual 2-egg vegetable omelet without any of my usual extras (I like to add in some extra protein and often fruit on the side). It came to only about 230 calories without the extras and would have been more like 200 without the feta cheese (which for me would make it less tasty but not less filling). Anyway, I find eggs and veggies quite filling (I only use whole eggs, though).