Where do I start

Options
Hi, my name is Dante and I'm new to this app, and I would like to start exercising through this app. I'm not really sure where to start, if someone could help me with a good routine to start off with that would be great; or at least point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Dante

Replies

• ferme_tabouche
    ferme_tabouche Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Dante,
    I've recently joined a gym and I am loving it. I go to group fitness classes, and have gotten a muscle/weights training plan to do on my own as well. This is what I enjoy though, enjoying exercise is going to be different for everyone. Some people hate the gym, and prefer to go for walks or runs in a park, or around their neighbourhood.
    Hope that helps!
    Sophie
  • lolagranola1
    lolagranola1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You can't go wrong with some good old fashioned walking! Start slow/shorter distances and work up to a faster pace/longer distances. Map my walk is an app i use for free.There are also several exercise apps that are free. I like interval training, too, since it works both cardio and strength training. Good luck!
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Dante and I'm new to this app, and I would like to start exercising through this app. I'm not really sure where to start, if someone could help me with a good routine to start off with that would be great; or at least point me in the right direction.

Thanks
    Dante

What are your goals? To start lifting? To increase cardiovascular endurance? To participate in a sport or activity? This question is too vague right now.
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Check out fitnessblender.com. It's a collection of at home work out videos, totally free. I love it, and they have all different kinds of workouts, so you can do weights and cardio and stretch and whatever.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    There are lots of options out there! My recommendation is to try different things until you find something you enjoy.
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    bodybuilding.com has great workout programs there are tons. search beginner programs.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=BeginnerWorkoutPrograms
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    youtube has some great workout videos.
    walking is good
    read the stickies here
    log all you eat and log your exercises so you get an idea of what your calorie intake and outtake is
  • MelissaRettie
    MelissaRettie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hey Dante! I think where to start would be based on your goals. I needed to learn to eat healthy so I had to find something to focus on FOOD! I bought 21 Day Fix because it focuses on your eating habits and has quick 30 minute at home workouts each day. If you will be working out at home it may be a good program for you! The company that makes 21DF (same people who made Insanity and P90X) also have a gym program available.