Month 2 of insanity

Options
Anyone doing month 2 of insanity and finding it hard to consume all your calories? I recently upped my calories because I wasn't eating enough and I can burn anywhere from 700-1000 depending on what day..I just feel like I'm constantly eating!! I because I wasn't eating enough I started actually gaining a couple pounds and the Dr I work with told me to in order to lose weight on that program is you have to eat to lose..hopefully upping the calories makes the weight come off easier

Replies

• amberfranklin1
    amberfranklin1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating. I used the Nutrition Guide to determine calories, but was using the moderately active number to multiply. During the second month, I am famished and tired a lot. I decided to up it to the very active calculator which will give me about 200 more calories. I do not use the recipes in the guide but try to do the 40/40/20 on my own, using whey protein. This will give me 1739 calories as I am a 38 year old who weighs 125 and 5'3. It looks like we are in the same boat, other than I have no problem eating more!
  • jenspears31
    jenspears31 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I was eating 1570...but I always found myself not eating enough and tired. So I recalculated to high intensity and it uped me to 1880..so today was the first day I upped the calories...and honestly I wasn't tired...I didn't want a nap after work ..and I had so much more energy doing insanity tonite. I'm 34 5'7 and 194. So hopefully it works if not back at calculations. How are u liking the second month?? I find myself cussing out Shaun T an awful lot!
  • sheltol
    sheltol Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies on trusting the process and not being afraid to up your calories.
  • amberfranklin1
    amberfranklin1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I will start eating the added calories today. I was previously at 1577. I think that the calories in the protein shakes are what helps me to have no problem eating them all. This is my second time with Insanity, having completed it back in 2011. I think my results are better so far this time due to diet and the whey protein. I hate the second month and actually dread pushing play because of the time and intensity, but love what it's doing to my body. I completed Max:30 between month 1 and 2. I'm a teacher and I was already getting up at 4 am to do month 1 and couldn't bring myself to start earlier for 2. Now that I'm on summer break, month 2 is the goal!
    I'm so glad to hear you think upping calories has helped, kinda scares me, but it's not worth it if we can't feel good, right? Keep going!
  • jenspears31
    jenspears31 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    So update I upped my calories to 1880...and BAM! LOST 4 LBS! I'm also making myself go to sleep earlier..cause I also believe my past sleeping pattern wasn't cutting it either...since I workout after kids go to bed I was staying home up til 1130-12 and waking up at 530am for work...I'm working on going to bed at 1030..yes month 2 killer!! But love it!!