Snacking

Options
when I'm at work, everyone brings in chocolate and I'm an absolute sucker for it. Have been ever since I started working there. Since dieting if I don't have any of the chocolate people bring I start to feel pretty tired without the usual sugar rush. What can I do/eat instead to keep from flagging?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Try a fat and protein based snack instead.... Or eat bigger meals and don't snack? I prefer bigger meals - when I ate lots of meals a day my energy levels went up and down like a yo yo.

I stick to protein and fat based meals earlier in the day and have carbs more around training (at night for me)..... Less energy issues!
  • bethanyplummerxo
    bethanyplummerxo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I find that fatty foods just drag me down and make me feel even more tired. Even the stuff with natural fats!
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Sugar rush is going to be psychological. :) If you've got yourself trained to it, you can just eat a much smaller amount of the same.....
  • clairepfitness14
    clairepfitness14 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My advice is to bring a chocolate protein shake that you can actually enjoy! The worst is when you're eating foods that you have to "tolerate" because of taste!
  • Desert_flower3
    Desert_flower3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    fruits.... apples, mangos, grapes, strawberries... they fill u up and has that sweetness. oh and very low in cals and nutritious and easy to eat