Results?

Options
Im only on my first week using this app and I have noticed I've been already feeling less hungry after eating for a few days at a calorie deficit, like I'm getting used to it. Has it been working for you guys? And how long did it take for you to shed those first few pounds?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    My first few pounds came off within the first week, I lost around 6 if I recall correctly. But this was mainly water weight.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Yep. I had a huge loss the first week, and adjusted well to my calorie deficit since I have been at .5lb/week from the get go.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Huge loss the first week, quickly slowed down. It has definitely worked for me, but it's only as good as the information you give it.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Maybe look in the success story section.

No idea how long it took to lose the first few kg. my scale didn't go high enough to weigh myself.

But it has been effective for me. Keeps you aware of what your eating and what's in it.

Losing on average 1 kg per week and been doing it for 336 days so far.

I never understood all the complaints about hunger. Is my hunger different from everyone else's?

People seem to talk about hunger like they swallowed glass or makes them lose control and this is from people who are eating 3-4 times a day so they aren't exactly starving.

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Took me six weeks to start losing.
  • naxeea
    naxeea Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    3sfw3ygbmvp5.jpg
    And it goes like this....
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Yes, it takes a little time to adjust to less food. It takes even longer to adjust to better eating habits, if you happened to have really bad ones and want to develop good ones.

The more you lose, the harder it gets for the weight to fall off, BUT it gets easier to adjust to new habits. Eventually - after a long, long time, lol - you'll find that it would be as hard to go back to the way you used to eat as it was to switch. You hit a point where you'd rather have fruit than candy, whole wheat instead of white, spices instead of salt.

Hang in there. :)
  • hncary
    hncary Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    As far as hunger goes there will be easy days and there will be hard days. You will probably mess up here and there- you just move past those days and don't let them stop you from meeting your ultimate goal. The first few pounds came off the first weeks- just try not to fixate on the scale and remember that it takes time to lose weight. Don't get discouraged if you don't see as much weight loss as you might expect one week... Push through and you'll see the results. Keep in mind that you will most likely lose a lot quicker in the beginning and then your weight loss will probably slow down in time. It's totally normal.

And yes, its working for me. So far I've lost about 40lbs by making sure I logged accurately. Still a long way to go, but the most important thing is to push through the hard days and just be patient. Good luck!