Pre workout supplement

Options
loka22
loka22 Posts: 3 Member
edited June 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Any recommendations on a pre workout supplement ?

Replies

• Ash1988Holland
    Ash1988Holland Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    ive been using stimulants for 4yrs now, and the effects vary from brand to brand. depending on whether you are caffeine sensitive, and what time of the day you train, i would avoid them closer to the evening. if you looking to save sum $, then caffeine is the constant in all pre-workout supps, so an espresso would be the cheaper option or caffeine capsules. but i wouldn't recommend supplements as a replacement of food. a meal containing protein and carbs and maybe a bit of fat an 1hr-1h30min before training should get you thru will ample energy. but to sum and answer your question.... Caffeine is my answer
  • clairepfitness14
    clairepfitness14 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Try cellucor! Best decision I've ever made. I got the icy blue razz flavor the first time and it's the one I still continue to get today! :) They have so many different flavors to choose from!
  • brigettesadowski
    brigettesadowski Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    C4 watermelon tastes just like a jolly rancher and gives me a good push to get me through tough work outs
  • buttshrink
    buttshrink Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Spark! I like that it gives me energy but does not make me feel jittery.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I use HMT Wired Extreme. Good push and it doesn't make you want to tear your face off. I don't know if you get it in the US though
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    You'll need to try out different brands to find the ones you like, everyone reacts differently to them. Some do nothing for me, others give me the 'red faced niacin rush' (not an attractive look lol), others make me want to scratch my skin off for 30 minutes (usually the beta alanine).

Remember though you'll need to switch brands up as you'll build tolerance to pre-workouts pretty quickly.
  • emilyizzarelli
    emilyizzarelli Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    C4 is my fav, but if never used before the beta alanine they put in it could make you itchy/tingly...took me a bit to get used to it. Have taken it for quite sometime now.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    If you're just looking for a pre-workout boost, coffee can also do the trick without being so expensive.

(I only mention this because I can't drink preworkouts. All of the ones I've tried (Noxplode, Pre-Jym, C4, and others that I can't remember) make me feel jittery and like my skin is crawling (the beta alanine).)