Does this sound right? Any helpful tips?

Options
Katiebrown2808
Katiebrown2808 Posts: 12 Member
edited June 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Any helpful tips.. I'm 5ft 5 and put on a lot of weight during pregnancy.. I now weight 10st 12, I've decided to go on a strict 1,200 calorie diet but still have a few things I like such as toast for breakfast so I don't get bored, I'll eat 2 slice toast, lunch I'll have chicken breast yoghurt and an apple, dinner I'll have a chicken breast wholemeal wrap. I'll also do 25 mins of aerobics a day and an hours walking a day when I take my daughter out in her stroller. I need encouragement as I find it hard to stick to a diet because my partner will come home and eat junk food after work. But I'm determined to do this so any helpful tips, advice and encouragement is all welcome! Thank you x

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    does what sound right? what do you want helpful tips for?
  • Katiebrown2808
    Options
    Sorry it didn't all post... I've just edited it
  • PhotoSam
    PhotoSam Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Your encouragement looks at you (and you at her) every day... your daughter. Loosing weight and becoming healthy is just as much about her (probably even more so), as it is you. You can do this.
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Any helpful tips.. I'm 5ft 5 and put on a lot of weight during pregnancy.. I now weight 10st 12, I've decided to go on a strict 1,200 calorie diet but still have a few things I like such as toast for breakfast so I don't get bored, I'll eat 2 slice toast, lunch I'll have chicken breast yoghurt and an apple, dinner I'll have a chicken breast wholemeal wrap. I'll also do 25 mins of aerobics a day and an hours walking a day when I take my daughter out in her stroller. I need encouragement as I find it hard to stick to a diet because my partner will come home and eat junk food after work. But I'm determined to do this so any helpful tips, advice and encouragement is all welcome! Thank you x
    My suggestion is to vary your meals from day to day. But if you like toast in the mornings, all is good. You might get 'burnt out' fast..if you eat the same thing every day. Also, that is not an awful lot of calories for a young active Mom. You might allow yourself more. Did MFP suggest the 1200? :)

• runrascal
    runrascal Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'd need much more variety in my menu - and it would take more than toast to cheer me up on your menu! No wonder you get bored. Get a load of tasty veggies in there, use spices and herbs. Chicken isn't the only low fat protein out there :) Fish curry - yum!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    i'd make sure I was getting enough healthy fats - add butter or nut butter to your toast, or avocado and tomato along with a couple of poached eggs for protein!

cook chicken in coconut oil, include salad or vegies and have avocado or drizzle with olive oil. if I was on such low calories, I wouldn't "waste" them on a wrap, i'd prefer a bigger pile of vegies. switch up your protein sources for variety.....chicken, steak, turkey, seafood, eggs/whites etc

ask your partner to support you by not bringing the "junk food" home if you cant have it in the house.
  • mirlredmann
    mirlredmann Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    People are different, to me your daily food routine sounds boring and not as if you could sustain it for long. Whenever I feel like eating as little as you do, I just cut out the carbs in favor of vegetables and protein but for me that can only be on a very short term basis. I am eating an average of 1700 calories (same height), loose two pounds a month, exercise a lot. If I were you I would look into foods that are rich in protein and not only chicken-breast -Toast and wraps (even if wholemeal) are not very filling but contain lot's of calories.Also: don't forget the fat, it keeps you going. Fat and Protein are the macros that are a minimum allowance, try to stay under the carbohydrate goal, but exceed the other two while staying in your daily calorie allowance. I often eat a "pancake" made of lentils and egg, yoghurt with nuts and fruit (different varieties! Lots of berries, I keep them in the freezer), fish, chickpeas, beans. I usually eat an additional vegetable soup (stuffed! with vegetables) with dinner, then I take less of whatever we have and my partner can take a second helping, it doesn't bother me what he eats as long as I can eat with him.
  • Katiebrown2808
    Options
    Thanks for all these ideas, I'm so boring with my food and very picky! I'm going to try lots of new things and look at the recipes what people post & hopefully I can get to like stuff, before I was pregnant I could live on 1 meal a day and normally that would be a baked potato haha I can't do that anymore but I'll defiantly try new things it will hopefully help me stick to it!