Anyone else starting at 290lbs or close ???

Options
kathrine90
kathrine90 Posts: 89 Member
edited April 2015 in Introduce Yourself
hi everyone looking for people to take this journey who are near my weight as I know I have a long journey to take especially as now I have a 16 month old to look after I can't just go gym whenever I want have to look after him so might have to give myself double time to get into shape. looking good to loose 100lbs or more but one step at a time let's do this :smiley:

Replies

• JessF2003
    JessF2003 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I started at 286. I started eating better a couple months ago, but have been serious about it for the 44 days! I'm down almost 30 pounds by just watching every bite I eat & walking!! I do daycare and am a mom of two kids so I don't have the chance to go to a gym. I just bought a Fitbit zip to remind myself I HAVE to walk!
  • cng31183
    cng31183 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Started at 290, down a couple. This (hangs head in shame) will be my third try.
  • jblackwell1011
    jblackwell1011 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 45 years old and started at 293.3 have gotten down to 272.2 n 3 weeks by watching what I eat and just today purchased a stationary bike. I am also using Thrive.
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I started about there back in august of last year. I have lost between 25 and 30 lbs. I am not losing fast but I am determined not to quit no matter how long it takes. my goal is 160.

Good luck to you. YOU CAN DO THIS
  • heather_rae_0303
    heather_rae_0303 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Started at 290... 2 months ago so far down 15lbs... Recently started to actually work out... Been eating as clean as possible
    We got this
  • kathrine90
    Options
    Just drinking a cup of tea :blush:
    it's 3.40am in the morning here went to bed at 11.30 damn why can't I sleep long. anyone feel free to add me :smiley: this is my second time so no worries and they say 3rd time lucky cng
  • GrandAkela
    GrandAkela Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    kathrine90 wrote: »
    hi everyone looking for people to take this journey who are near my weight as I know I have a long journey to take especially as now I have a 16 month old to look after I can't just go gym whenever I want have to look after him so might have to give myself double time to get into shape. looking good to loose 100lbs or more but one step at a time let's do this :smiley:

I agree, Katherine! Although I'm no longer there, I used to be 270, and am now down 35 pounds! One day at a time, just keep plugging away! But make sure you do it in a HEALTHY way! There are too many "fads" out there that are NOT!

Let's DO this thing!
  • GrandAkela
    Options
    I started at 286. I started eating better a couple months ago, but have been serious about it for the 44 days! I'm down almost 30 pounds by just watching every bite I eat & walking!! I do daycare and am a mom of two kids so I don't have the chance to go to a gym. I just bought a Fitbit zip to remind myself I HAVE to walk!

Walking is KEY for me! Muscle=Metabolism, so building muscle while we lose fat is the BEST way to go. I started walking when my average was only 1/4 - 1/2 mile a day, and worked my way up to 10,000 steps, which was about 5 MILES a day. It was the best shape I've been in for years. Alas, I've let my walking go by the wayside, so I need to get up and get my count back to 10k a day! Thanks for reminding me... :/
  • GrandAkela
    Options
    cng31183 wrote: »
    Started at 290, down a couple. This (hangs head in shame) will be my third try.

Don't let it get you down! We all have bumps in the road, but you're doing the right thing in getting on here and looking for some support! You will be so glad you did, when you're at your ideal weight!

Let's do this!
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I started a few weeks ago at 293, now down to 284. I'm doing really well and not trying to do too much at once. I'm not killing it at the gym, but going for a 15-25 minute walk 3 or more nights a week.
  • Cafferineex33
    Cafferineex33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am about 280, as of last sunday, which probably hasnt changed much yet lol. This is my 2nd time trying this out. I have tried all sorts of diets and tried at home workout videos but I never stayed with it. I am hoping I can this time! I really need to lose weight, and I don't have much free time to go to the gym either. I am on my 3rd day so far and I feel I've been doing good, been drinking more water and haven't had anything super sugary in a few days! I'm ready to do this!!!!!
  • jdarwin_21
    jdarwin_21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started a diet about 3 months ago. Lost 18 pounds in a month and then went straight back to old habits and gained about half of that back. Started back on the 18th at 267.5 & am currently 262. Nearly ten years ago I lost over 100 pounds with diet and exercise and got down to 160 then got married and two kids later I'm back to where I was. I really want to lose this 100 pounds and could use all the motivation and support with people that have similar goals. I have found that I am very lacking in motivation and willpower nowadays...I know I can do this just need some accountability buddies ;) Sorry for the lengthy post.
  • KValmera71
    KValmera71 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I started out at 346lbs, I am not sure where I am now, I threw out my scale, lololol. I use Thrive supplements because I know my diet isn't 100% and I bought a Fitbit and love it!
  • mellyboo17
    mellyboo17 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I started out at 331.3lbs and am currently 293.8lbs. I have a long way to go and would love to add you and help each other out on this journey. You got this girl! If anyone else would like to add me it would be awesome and more the merrier :)
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I started at 335. It takes commitment, but is very doable.
  • kittykaida
    kittykaida Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I got up to (at least) 328 in june of 2015, and joined MFP at 286. I've lost weight before, but have never had a way to keep track like this site does. We can do this!
  • laols01
    laols01 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I also started at 328...down to 307 right now and counting. Feel free to add me--would love some more positive support and those in similar situations! :)
  • danyelleblalock608
    danyelleblalock608 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started at 371 last Monday I'm down 7lbs already. I'm excited about the road ahead! It can be done. Everyday I post on my Facebook status. I have allot of people rooting for me. Just know you are not alone. My self motto is ~*~I CAN * I WILL * I AM~*~
  • kathrine90
    Options
    Heya everyone I had a bad spell and im at 302.
    And now I have my new phone I can log propeperly so start to new me now
  • joechavez71
    joechavez71 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hiya all:) keep up the good work! Losing weight sucks and is the hardest thing to do! I was at 290, lost about 70 lbs and then regained to about 250. Man this journey is hard! But hey Katherine keeping going girl! We r all on ur side!
    #progress;)