Any Leslie Sansone walking fans here?

Options
Just wondering if there were any fans of Leslie Sansone? I absolutely love her workouts, quite challenging too. Not many of my friends on here have heard of her or her workouts.

Replies

• MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I have several of her DVD's, and really love how simple, yet challenging, they are. I have two left feet and cannot do any type of "dance" exercise, like Zumba, at ALL!
  • Guineagirl913
    Guineagirl913 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I walk 4 miles with her everyday! I also like the Biggest Loser Power Walks.
  • callasm
    callasm Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I use her, love it!
  • Schmoozy07
    Schmoozy07 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie! I first came across her when she donated a set of DVD's with the 2 lb. hand weights and walking band to a fundraiser for our local animal shelter. I bid on the package & won - been hooked ever since :) I have purchased several more, I like the variety she offers.
  • caroluherek
    caroluherek Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Just picked up my first dvd of hers and its fun. Thought it would be great for rainy days when walking outside isn't an option.
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,843 Member
    Options
    I had several friends recommend her DVD's to me. I love to work out to them.
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,843 Member
    Options
    I had several friends recommend her DVD's to me. I love to work out to them.
  • Quiesa27
    Quiesa27 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love her workouts!!!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I have 2 of her workouts. I still do her 5 Mega Miles DVD on the days when I want an easy steady state cardio workout.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I started one video last week on youtube (it's about 44 minutes with warm up/cool down) and I really like it!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Check out this group for a monthly challenge:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/335-leslie-sansone-walk-at-home

I like her DVDs too. I like the DVDs because they often have something YouTube doesn't. Some have a music only option, most are chaptered (can skip with the remote) and some are even programmable. I can easily increase the intensity with more arms, higher knees, boosted walking intervals. Leslie workouts will never be "advanced"....but intermediate is fine for me.

On YouTube (and DVD) there are several "walks" by Jessica Smith.
  • needstobefit15
    needstobefit15 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love her videos I have like about 4 or 5 DVDs.I need to start using them again
  • mrs17alvarez
    mrs17alvarez Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I walk with Leslie every morning. :) I started with some youtube videos and was hooked. I love the simplicity of it, I don't need to learn any fancy foot work, and it doesn't kill my joints. I have the 5 mega miles, and most mornings I do the warm up, cool down, and whichever miles I feel like walking that day. But it's great to also be able to just do a quick 1 mile if I'm short on time or want to get an extra mile in later in the day.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone! :D I give her credit for being the 1st form of exercise I enjoyed doing, which in turn lead me to lose 100lbs! Since being introduced to Leslie's videos, I now do a ton of workout dvds.

I love her because it is so easy, but effective! :D It is my go-to exercise when I feel sick, or tired, or whatever other excuse I come up with.
  • bbontheb
    Options
    How does her mega 5 mile thing compare to the one on youtube for 3 mile which has the american heart association logo on it and is about 46 mins with warm up? Not sure if anyone knows what one I mean.
  • bbontheb
    Options
    Actually, the DVDs aren't very expensive on amazon. Any recommendations on what ones to get?
  • danika2point0
    danika2point0 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Walk! Walk! Walk! Walk! (In Leslie's voice...) I do Leslie's videos when I want to burn calories but not go too high impact. Once you get used to them, you can also watch TV while doing them.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    bbontheb wrote: »
    How does her mega 5 mile thing compare to the one on youtube for 3 mile which has the american heart association logo on it and is about 46 mins with warm up? Not sure if anyone knows what one I mean.

5 Mega Miles is faster paced and more challenging. It has a lot more variety such as intervals, squats, lunges, uses a resistance band etc.

Not to say the 3 mile AHA Walk isn't effective because it is. It's just shorter and it just sticks to the classic moves with no boosted walking or strength-training.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    bbontheb wrote: »
    Actually, the DVDs aren't very expensive on amazon. Any recommendations on what ones to get?

The Walk Away the Pounds (WATP) DVDs are workouts that came out on VHS. These workouts aren't chaptered. Meaning you fast forward to make the workout shorter. I find the music on most of these to be too quite. The good thing is compilations. You can buy WATP DVDs with several workouts. I like the WATP Fat Burning Miles one. 3 of the workouts are 2 milers....a circuit workout w/ weights, one with kickboxing type moves, and one with a good amount of jogging. The 4th workout is 1 mile using light weights (while walking).

Walk At Home & Just Walk are newer made for DVD. These are chaptered, some have a music only option, a few are programable. For the chaptered DVDs look for lots of miles. You can make the workout shorter with the skip button. I like a music only option because it's more variety, another option.

I'm partial to Just Walk DVDs (right now)....the new studio is bright & cheerful. Walk it Off in 30 Days is great if you have been meaning to add strength training. This is 2 workouts...one walking, one strength training (beginner). I like the 4 Mile Power Walk because I like higher impact (sometimes)....this has 2 premixes, you can choose lower or higher impact. Some people like solo Leslie workouts. One of my favorite is 3 Mile Slim & Sleek....lots of variation on this one.

Video clips & Reviews
    http://www.collagevideo.com/collections/leslie-sansone
    https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/category-s/141.htm?searching=Y&sort=5&cat=141&show=10&page=1