Broccoli and Cheese

Options
marie_2454
marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
I don't really eat meals that often, but I eat snacks almost constantly throughout the day. Anyways, one of my favorites is broccoli with cheese. I usually use sharp cheddar cheese, but I'm getting a little tired of this. Any other suggestions? Also different seasonings to try would be good too. I don't do a lot of cooking, so any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated! I'm pescetarian though, so no meat :wink: Thanks!

Replies

• ksherbak
    ksherbak Posts: 12
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE Fresh parmesan on my brocolli..... not that grated stuff... ew.:sick:
  • stevet43
    stevet43 Posts: 1
    Options
    for a snack, peanutbutter and cinnamon rice cakes. also, yogurt and grapenuts.:smile:
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I second the fresh parmesan! Also, Butter Buds help so much!! 0pts on weight watchers, and VERY lo cal.
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    How about trying a mexicana cheese on your broccoli, nice and hot!:devil:
  • jolteon00
    jolteon00 Posts: 89
    Options
    Butter buds and broccoli <3 Heck, even real butter is worth it sometimes. I also love garlic salt on my broccoli, maybe that with the fresh parmesan would work :)
    With my broccoli and cauliflower mix I love balsamic vinegar for some reason.
  • Mommyof3loves
    Mommyof3loves Posts: 276
    Options
    I love fresh raw broccoli with ranch veggie dip...very tasty and not bad on calories either
  • TJtastic
    TJtastic Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow cheeses and they come in different flavors. :happy:
  • lfcutie
    lfcutie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I can't remember what they are called but in the grocery store where they have gravy packets they have season packets for vegetables (McCormick i believe) the packets have a baggy and you put your veggies in it with a tablespoon of water then cook them in the microwave...they are really good...sorry i don't have anymore information on what they are called...hope this helps!
  • superjae5
    superjae5 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I like doing cottage cheese with a spice in it, basil is a fav, garlic, rosemary--love it all, and then some kind of low cal multi-grain cracker. I also do string cheese a lot as a snack, or the "no sugar added" little applesauce packs.

I know you said you don't do cooking, but if you ever feel inclined, I'd look into different kinds of rice dishes. I rarely eat meat (I like it, it just doesn't like me, lol) so I use rice to help for meals to fill me up. Feel free to message me if you're interested in a couple recipes, I think I have some simple ones.

Otherwise, I'd also suggest napa cabbage salad with either a balsamic vinaigrette or just lemon or lime juice as the salad dressing. You can do it up how you like, but I typically like to chop up the napa cabbage and add chopped cilantro, red pepper, green onion and grated carrot (the real ones, not babies). It's so delicious I feel like I'm addicted. I kinda want some now...
  • marie_2454
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE Fresh parmesan on my brocolli..... not that grated stuff... ew.:sick:

ya...grated parmesan is disgusting...i tried fresh parmesan and it was fabulous! thanks for the suggestion!
  • marie_2454
    Options
    Laughing Cow cheeses and they come in different flavors. :happy:

I tried that today...had the mozzarella, tomato, and basil one and it was actually pretty good.