Its nearly that time again... why o why lol

Options
Hey one for the girlies....

Its nearly the dreaded TOM... I can feel the urge for bread sweets and chocolate already!!!!

Really dont want to give in to the binges and cravings this time. Does any1 have any tips, ideas, coping stratergies on this thanx :flowerforyou: xx

Replies

• donkeybum
    donkeybum Posts: 6
    Options
    Green tea always gets rid of my sweet tooth :)
  • Noonoo757
    Noonoo757 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    UGHH IM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU, CRAVING CHOCOLATE COVERED GRAHM CRACKERS AND SODA AND WELL THE LIST GOES ON, I JUST MAKE MYSELF A CUP OF DECAF COFFEE AND ADD FAT FREE VANILLA CAKE CREAMER! ITS SWEET LOW CALL NO CAFFEIN AND ITS A HOT BEVERAGE WHICH HELPS ME TO FEEL FULL. SOMETIMES I DO HAVE TO SNEAK A GUMMY WORM THOUGH LOL
  • MisMolly
    MisMolly Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am right there with ya. Good old TOM is on the way AND I usually don't have much seasonal allergy/ sinus trouble, but suddenly I do and I am tired, cranky, and insatiable. GRRR. Right now I am just keeping my meals small and letting myself snack and munch (on good things) all day. Hummus, apple and cheese, half bowls of cereal, trail mix, veggies, half of sandwiches at a time, watermelon. Just trying to get through it without wrecking my day.
  • ThickNThunda
    ThickNThunda Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I ran into that problem this week. My weakness is Doritos with salsa and Little Debbie Nutty Bars. What I found was the new Skinny Cow wafer bars. One was enough for me. It let me have the chocolate and peanut butter I craved without all of the calories.
  • almondbliss
    almondbliss Posts: 115
    Options
    I tried something new this time around not quite done with Tom, but very curious to see what the scale reads. I have sat in the sauna at 120 degrees for 30 mins. every other day to help with the water retention, besides pushing even harder during workouts (which had me nauseated) But I realized today that I should probably take iron supplements during Tom, cause I start feeling tired and weak. And I also tried drinking even more water, which I find is even harder during Tom cause you already feel bloated, but did it anyways.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Me too!

I went to the supermarket and bought a 12-pack of those generic ice cream cups, you know, the things they would give out on special occasions in elementary school that are chocolate/vanilla swirl. The ones I bought are 90 calories apiece, and since they're real ice cream, I feel like it's a nice indulgence. I also feel like I am eating like a normal person and not eating special food or something :smile:
  • mya2012
    mya2012 Posts: 18
    Options
    I just got over that urge to want and crave chocolate, but I took control and said no. Think about your overall goal! That helped me to say no. I make sure I am heavy supplied with chewing gum....I also enjoy a FIberOne pop tart which helps with the sweet tooth.. I hope that works
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hey one for the girlies....

Its nearly the dreaded TOM... I can feel the urge for bread sweets and chocolate already!!!!

Really dont want to give in to the binges and cravings this time. Does any1 have any tips, ideas, coping stratergies on this thanx :flowerforyou: xx
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/248995-low-calorie-desserts

also look up Triple-Chocolate Chipotle Brownies in the MFP recipies
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    so i was just going through this the past five days and i didn't resist! and because my TOM(by the way happy i know what that means now) came first i did this for you.it started friday with pasta and bread and meatballs and finally came to an end with 4 hotdogs on tuesday, which you could imagine what was between there! stepped on the scale last night and my 180 that i worked for went to 188! DON'T DO IT! luckily it went down thismorning to 182.....that 188 scared me straight today! good luck!
  • fitaliciag
    fitaliciag Posts: 373
    Options
    Green tea always gets rid of my sweet tooth :)

i should try that
  • lennykat
    lennykat Posts: 89
    Options
    My GYN actually told me to eat a handful of almonds when craving chocolate during TOM. He says what I'm craving is magnesium and almonds are loaded with it. He said and if it was the taste of chocolate that I needed (which is ALWAYS the case) eat chocolate covered ones but only about 5 (a handful) it will up the calories a bit but take care of the craving without downing a super sized hershey bar.

So- even before I really started to try and lose weight I started doing this and you know, he was right!!
  • hanson22
    hanson22 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    First of all, I never let myself get too hungry, because it makes me prone to binging.
    Secondly, in the last three weeks I have increased my liquid intake and my hunger has DRAMATICALLY decreased. Because I drink coffee, tea, flavored water and carbonated water all day, by the time I eat, I only eat until I'm full.
    Thirdly, if you really want something bad, portion it out in front of you on a pretty plate and arrange it nicely, and then brew a cup of coffee or tea.
    After you drink the tea, if you still want it, then go ahead and indulge. If you have forgotten about it or your stomach isn't grumbling anymore, then go ahead and congratulate yourself for amazing willpower!
    But I don't think you should ever deprive yourself if you really want something. It's all about the portions.
    And when I indulge, I keep it to a shot glass sized portion, be it cake or ice cream or chocolate :)
    Hope this helps!
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Moderation, moderation, moderation! If I'm craving Doritos with ranch dip, the only thing that's going to cut that craving is Doritos with ranch dip. Just watch the portion sizes and measure everything. Working out also helps to stifle my appetite a little.