Lifting and p90x combo

Options
amnesia503
amnesia503 Posts: 14 Member
edited June 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Anyone doing a p90x and weight lifting combo? I'm gonna try it out. Here's my routine. Add me if you're doing a p90x or insanity/ weight lifting combo! Any comments or tips or ideas?

My new routine:
Day 1: Chest, back, and abs @ gym
Day 2: Plyometrics (p90x)
Day 3: Arms and abs @ gym
Day 4: yoga x (p90x)
Day 5: Legs and abs @ gym
Day 6: Kenpo x (p90x)
Day 7: rest or stretch x (p90x)

Replies

• jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I'd be worried about over-training. If you are doing this for a short term to hit some sort of goal, then maybe it's okay. If you're looking for something sustainable over the long term, I'd suspect that you'd hit a burnout point.

Just my two cents.
    I'm doing just P90X by itself, and couldn't image lugging my happy *kitten* to the gym on the same day.......especially after the Chest & Back or Legs & Back workouts.
  • amnesia503
    amnesia503 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'd be worried about over-training. If you are doing this for a short term to hit some sort of goal, then maybe it's okay. If you're looking for something sustainable over the long term, I'd suspect that you'd hit a burnout point.

Just my two cents.
    I'm doing just P90X by itself, and couldn't image lugging my happy *kitten* to the gym on the same day.......especially after the Chest & Back or Legs & Back workouts.

Its not the same day, it's an alternate. 3 days at the gym working the same muscles as you would during the p90x workout, then 3 days doing p90x videos. 6 days if p90x along with 3 days of lifting would be insane lol