I always blow it at night time!!

Options
I have been really trying to kick it into gear the last couple weeks. I have 15 lbs to lose and it's taking forever and I'm getting discouraged! I do really well during the day but then nighttime comes and it's as if I can justify anything. I'm definitely an emotional eater - it really has nothing to do with what something tastes like or anything like that, it's just having something in my hand to eat in the evening and it is constantly ruining my efforts! I get up so many days and feel angry with myself for not just dealing with hunger the night before. Help!!

Replies

• manenuff21
    manenuff21 Posts: 63
    Options
    Read the title and thought this was another sex talk topic, my bad... (Hangs head and walks out slowly):embarassed:
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    If you insist on eating something, keep very low cal and filling foods around. For me it is 35 calorie Blue Bunny Fudge bars, usually one of those after 9:00 gets my late night sweet tooth taken care of! Beyond that, I try to close my food diary between 9 & 10 and then fight hard to keep myself accountable to myself and everyone else who can look at what I'm eating.
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Read the title and thought this was another sex talk topic, my bad... (Hangs head and walks out slowly):embarassed:

LMAO!!!!
    But seriously, have you tried doing something different in the evening. Start knitting or embroidery, anything that involves your mind AND hands. Jigsaws.....
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Try eating raw broccoli or cauliflower at night if you are still hungry, you can literally eat a ton of it and there is very few calories, and the extra benefit of fiber ;)
  • rachyz88
    rachyz88 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I understand... I do the same thing and I feel horrible for it. Esp when I get on the scales and they dont move! I have 10 pounds to lose by Mid July, and cant seem to get where I want to be.

My suggestion that seems to wrk a little bit better for me is to really try and keep busy! Paint ur nails.... wash clothes... clean..... read.

Im looking forward to reading other peoples suggestions because I need a lil help too :)

Good luck!!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    sugar free popsicles
    sunflower seeds or kernals
    air popped popcorn
    knitting
    reading
  • MEMoggridge
    MEMoggridge Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Have you tried brushing your teeth about 1/2 hour after tea?? I try to do that when I put the children to bed and I don't want to ruin it having brushed and also a lot of things taste rubbish after toothpaste????
    I also mess about on my phone or sim to keep occupied instead of eating!!
    Good luck:happy:
  • whateverdamnit
    Options
    I do the same! Because I go to bed so late, I'm always starving right before and usually end up gorging on lots of fruit! (all sugar)

My sugar cravings are a lot better after I started eating protein bars.. maybe have a protein bar instead of eating a whole bunch of other things?
  • hillview2
    hillview2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    SIGH Me too ... I try to eat stuff that is less bad -- like veggies or yogurt. I find if I declare done on the food diary that it motivates me to NOT eat. I also try to be on the computer at night -- keeps my hands busy.
    /hillary
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    sounds like you made this a habit but it can be broken, you just have to make yourself aware that your doing it again before you begin to eat late at night.

you have to replace that negative habit with a more positive one, what else do you like to do? read, get on the computer, make clothes, clean house whatever!!! just substatue that hobby instead of eating, it will take time but you have to be mindful and put the new habit in place of the old one.

hope this helps.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I play battlefield towards the night. Gives me something to pass the time and not think about food :(

I also have the same problem as you., Play video games or watch a movie or read!
  • maxzorro
    maxzorro Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is my problem exactly!!! I eat whatever I can get my hands on and then when I wake up in the morning I remember what I did and I'm sooooo pissed off at myself :(

I think the idea of closing your food journal is a good one. Once it's closed consider your eating for the day done. Keeping yourself busy is also important.

Right now I'm having a cup of tea and have vowed not to eat another bite tonight! Wish me luck :)
  • jennknee05
    jennknee05 Posts: 2
    Options
    I do good @ night no matter what I am doing I am always blow it between 2pm and 4:30PM HELP
  • hyper588
    hyper588 Posts: 28
    Options
    I plan a whole lite bag of popcorn for my even snack-binge into my diary...every day. So far, it hasn't hurt my daily sodium level, then again I don't do canned foods.

I also keep cleaned carrots, green/red/yellow peppers and celery ready to grab. As well as, watermelon or cantelope diced and ready to eat.

If those don't do the trick. 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter on 1-100% whole grain slice of bread will fill me up and end the snack attack.

For me...the "plan" for snacks helps...a lot. (Oh...and not buying or stocking the junk food. If it is here, I will eat it.)
  • tratliffe
    tratliffe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    CHEW SOME SUGAR FREE GUM THAT HAS DEFINITELY HELPED ME IN THE EVENING OR A NIGHT!!!!
  • mustangurl
    mustangurl Posts: 104 Member
    Options

so glad i am not the only one!!!! i had to read it 3 times lol
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I premake my late night snack. Usually cottage cheese, whey and milk (pudding like) or protein fluff. These are tasty and nutritious so I will enter them in diary earlier so I know what to stick to for dinner.
  • jenkamac
    jenkamac Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I love the idea of the pre-made snacks that you put in your diary early, that's a great idea. I think it's mostly hard on a day like today when I can't find time to workout and 1200 calories only goes so far. When I can't find time to work out it's because my days are SO long that 1200 calories feels like absolutely nothing.

Oh and ...yes I'm aware the topic sounded a little sexual. Right after I posted it I noticed it...get your minds out of the gutter. :)

Now, I'm going to go have some air-popped popcorn. 110 calories.
  • chile_chicken
    chile_chicken Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I tend to chew on some gum, go to the gym or keep my hands busy in the evenings. I will scrapbook or do some embroidery. Hobbies or a workout are a great way to keep you occupied and fill in time. I am currenlty working on about 4 different scrapbooks plus a birth sampler, and so when I am tempted to sit in front of the TV with chocolate I think about how much I need to do with my craft projects and do them instead.