Replies

• kingtighe333
    kingtighe333 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm so pumped for it .
  • dru8376
    dru8376 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    "LOS ANGELES (June 15, 2015) – At Sony Computer Entertainment of America LLC’s (SCEA) E3 press conference today, SQUARE ENIX® announced that it has begun production on the full remake of FINAL FANTASY® VII for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system.

Leading the development will be key members from the original project, including producer Yoshinori Kitase, director Tetsuya Nomura and scenario writer Kazushige Nojima."

I definitely care!
  • worstcaster
    worstcaster Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to that. I'm playing through FFX with my 7 year old. He's really enjoying it so far.
  • Elle_Bronwyn15
    Elle_Bronwyn15 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Love those games
  • shoppingmaniac86
    shoppingmaniac86 Posts: 2,067 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I've heard about it iM eager to see what it looks like but sad that it is not a sequel instead. I guess it will give the new generation a reason to play it however .
  • tdatsenko
    tdatsenko Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'll probably take a week off work when it comes out.
  • shoppingmaniac86
    Options
    tdatsenko wrote: »
    I'll probably take a week off work when it comes out.

A week? Lmao that's devotion
  • shoppingmaniac86
    Options
    Yasss
  • undergloom
    undergloom Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    After FF7, I stopped buying video games. I don't know if it was because FF7 was so good that it ruined video games forever, or if it was because I first experienced ***** that year and rearranged my priorities. Either way, hell yeah, I'll take a remake.
  • shoppingmaniac86
    Options
    undergloom wrote: »
    After FF7, I stopped buying video games. I don't know if it was because FF7 was so good that it ruined video games forever, or if it was because I first experienced ***** that year and rearranged my priorities. Either way, hell yeah, I'll take a remake.

I'm curious as to see what they plan on doing with the graphics or if they're deciding to make any changes within the game
  • undergloom
    undergloom Posts: 531 Member
    Options

I'm curious as to see what they plan on doing with the graphics or if they're deciding to make any changes within the game

This is the sticking point for me; I hate remakes and reboots in the realm of film, but this game was seriously hampered by the limitations of 1997 technology. FF7 was an ugly game; I said it, and I won't entertain any counter-argument. The story, the characters, the narrative; they were all there, but honestly the hardware just couldn't handle it. As long as they merely enhance the look and don't make significant changes to the mechanics and feel, I might even buy this. Maybe. I don't know; I'm a grown-*kitten* man and probably should be buying mutual funds and *kitten* instead.
  • shoppingmaniac86
    Options

This is the sticking point for me; I hate remakes and reboots in the realm of film, but this game was seriously hampered by the limitations of 1997 technology. FF7 was an ugly game; I said it, and I won't entertain any counter-argument. The story, the characters, the narrative; they were all there, but honestly the hardware just couldn't handle it. As long as they merely enhance the look and don't make significant changes to the mechanics and feel, I might even buy this. Maybe. I don't know; I'm a grown-*kitten* man and probably should be buying mutual funds and *kitten* instead.
    I can understand your point most likely I will be watching the gameplay on YouTube unfortunately I do not have time to burn to play the game to the fullest like I used to and I'm not willing to buy a complete console just for one game so yeah
  • JvalaNavin
    JvalaNavin Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    ^ I think/hope it'll come out for PC, idk about Xbox1 but I think it's safe to assume for now that it would be available for pc. As for sequel, Idk what they are planning from the sounds of it they will tamper with everything but try to keep the orginal story and then add some onto it. So D: possibly sequel (in the part that they add more to the ending of the game and some backstory?)

Anyways <_<; I for one welcome it, probably one of the few things ill hardcore nerd out about D:
  • shoppingmaniac86
    Options
    ^ I think/hope it'll come out for PC, idk about Xbox1 but I think it's safe to assume for now that it would be available for pc. As for sequel, Idk what they are planning from the sounds of it they will tamper with everything but try to keep the orginal story and then add some onto it. So D: possibly sequel (in the part that they add more to the ending of the game and some backstory?)

Anyways <_<; I for one welcome it, probably one of the few things ill hardcore nerd out about D:

Yes im with you 100%
  • ckspores1018
    ckspores1018 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I had a crazy day yesterday and didn't see this until my husband sent me the link this morning. I don't fanboy over VII the way some of my friends do (I spread the final fantasy love equally among all the games-I love them all) but this might warrant a vacation in front of my TV (which I was saving for either VX or No Man's Sky).
  • BeccyMoomin87
    BeccyMoomin87 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know it's a few weeks old thread but I only just joined! I totally cannot wait for this! Only reason I will be buying a psi!!