i JUST love chinese too much!!!

Options
I honestly would eat chinese for every meal for the day and anytime i'm doing really well with my weight I just can NOT resist the temptation of chinese, I walk past a chinese and a dribble everywhere!!!!!! HOW CAN I STOP THE ADDICTION AAAAAAAH!! x

Replies

• incircles_lp2
    incircles_lp2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Thai food? It is way better than American Chinese food in my opinion and it's a whole lot healthier for you! I know your pain though. I've been through the same problem!
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    switch it to a similar taste!
    Thai, Vietnamese, Japanese all have fantastic asian flavours and amazingly great-tasting, low calorie options!
  • divades
    divades Posts: 145
    Options
    I feel the same way about french fries.
  • justaloozer
    justaloozer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Ahhh I LOVE chinese food. I could eat General Tso's chicken with beef fried rice all day everyday! Unfortunately chinese food makes me pack on tons of water weight from all of the sodium and I am not willing to see the scale go up. So I skip it.
  • Beijos
    Beijos Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This probably wont help your addition, but I love Chinese too and I allow myself to have it once a month. That way I work really hard until the day marked on my calander allowing me to have it. it's something to look forward to and reward myself but I know that I have to work really hard until the next months "chinese day"
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Haha I'm with you...I can bypass any kind of food but when I think about Chinese I go crazy and just eat eat eat!!!
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    LOL my parents bought Chinese food every sunday, i use to hate it as a kid but as i grew up i had no choice! the first month of dieting was really hard for me to give that up so every sunday i would eat about a 1/2 cup of rice and i would order teriyaki sticks (chicken is about 100, beef is 200). and it REALLY helped.
    just get your chinese food in moderation, dont cut yourself off from foods unless you think its really hindering the process of weight loss
  • nemosarah
    nemosarah Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I FEEL the same but i love thai and indian and vietnamise and PASTA AWWW yum yum but carbs don't agree with me but there my favourite things!! i just can't say no to carbs i switched to wholemeal which is fine but i think about them all the time x
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I am the same I LOVE chinese it is my #1 favorite food of all time then it's mexican I love the egg rolls and the tso chicken and orange chicken and all that but every once a while I still go but I just try to learn my portions i usually go for a splurge but not so often and I try atleast pick something that is more better for you in some way but I understand your pain lol.
  • victoriashea
    victoriashea Posts: 112
    Options
    Start cooking at home! Make healthier versions of your favorite Chinese treats. I use a tablespoon of Mr. Yoshida's teriyaki sauce on all of my sauteed veggies and it satisfies my craving for that flavor of the orient. There's tons of modified Chinese recipes online that cut the sodium into fractions and lower the fat dramatically. Plus, it's easier to calculate your own recipes on MFP.
    Good luck!
  • kristy12379
    kristy12379 Posts: 239
    Options
    I love it also! I eat the low fat Van vegetable rolls from wal-mart (100cals each) and have a couple with a frozen stir-fry. I use the broccoli stir-fry from wal-mart also (180 cals for the whole bag). Sometimes I have 1/2 cup Asian sides teriyaki rice instead of the egg rolls. I eat this meal once or twice a week and it helps my cravings.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Thai food. I make my own veggie egg rolls. The key is LOTS of garlic. Mine are only 250 calories per egg roll and 378 mg sodium. These are BIG eggrolls. Not like the dinky frozen ones you can buy. The sodium is the difficult thing to control and still make them taste good. The calorie count includes the oil from deep frying. It was a painstaking task but I did figure out how much oil each egg roll absorbs at a certain temperature. If anyone wants my recipe (which is in MFP format) send me a PM and I'll send it to you. I haven't submitted it to MFP cuz it is such a pain in the
    @#$% to fill out that form.
  • lotushw
    lotushw Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I say just eat it. Not all Chinese food is bad. You just have to order wisely and portion control is the key. Try to skip the rice or, if you can, substitute it with brown rice.

Also try Trader Joe’s, they have lots of frozen Chinese food that’s premade. There’s orange chicken, some stirfries, chicken wontons, and also chicken dumplings. Check it out!
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I honestly would eat chinese for every meal for the day and anytime i'm doing really well with my weight I just can NOT resist the temptation of chinese, I walk past a chinese and a dribble everywhere!!!!!! HOW CAN I STOP THE ADDICTION AAAAAAAH!! x
    You can have Chinese. Get all your sauces on the side and skip the rice.
  • georgiajuly
    georgiajuly Posts: 126
    Options
    Start cooking at home! Make healthier versions of your favorite Chinese treats. I use a tablespoon of Mr. Yoshida's teriyaki sauce on all of my sauteed veggies and it satisfies my craving for that flavor of the orient. There's tons of modified Chinese recipes online that cut the sodium into fractions and lower the fat dramatically. Plus, it's easier to calculate your own recipes on MFP.
    Good luck!
    Exactly! The first thing I did when I started MFP was start shopping at the Asian market and stirfrying vegetables almost every day. Chinese can be very healthy; just control the amounts of oil, sodium, etc.