Ideas for what to eat in the mornings when you have no appetite?

Options
oneallmama
oneallmama Posts: 108 Member
Every time I wake up I'm never hungry and usually skip breakfast. I know thats a bad thing too... What are some things you guys eat in the morning to get your metabolism going?

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Skipping breakfast isn't bad. And there isn't any foods that "get your metabolism going".
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Skipping breakfast isn't bad. And there isn't any foods that "get your metabolism going".

This^^^^

• ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I don't eat until 11am. Between a bad case of morning allergies, and just typical morning nausea, I'm just not into anything that's not a cup of coffee.

A lot of people skip breakfast. Its importance has been majorly overblown.
  • oneallmama
    Options
    I don't eat until 11am. Between a bad case of morning allergies, and just typical morning nausea, I'm just not into anything that's not a cup of coffee.

A lot of people skip breakfast. Its importance has been majorly overblown.
    I've downed 2 cups of coffee so far and my stomach is finally growling. lol

• Hypsibius
    Hypsibius Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I used to be like this -- until I started early morning lifting/workouts. By 7:30am I am starving for good food and throw on some pork chops and slice up some avocado with salt and pepper!
  • CPhelps89
    CPhelps89 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I totally agree that if you don't need breakfast, it's no big deal to skip it. But for me personally, I wake up hungry and missing breakfast makes me much more likely to binge at lunch. I am a huge fan of Cliff bars and Quest bars. They are fast and super filling and I'm never too busy to eat it.
  • oneallmama
    Options
    Hypsibius wrote: »
    I used to be like this -- until I started early morning lifting/workouts. By 7:30am I am starving for good food and throw on some pork chops and slice up some avocado with salt and pepper!
    That sounds yummy! Usually I'll have a couple of scrambled eggs with avocado for lunch :D I love avocado!

• drrickso
    drrickso Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The importance of breakfast is only overblown as it relates to "jump starting your metabolism" BUT it can be beneficial to providing you with energy and, if nothing else, prevent you from overeating during the next meal. If overeating/portion control is an issue for you, I'd recommend an egg-white/spinach omelet if you have time, or a lower cal greek yogurt (100-120 cal).
  • oneallmama
    Options
    CPhelps89 wrote: »
    I totally agree that if you don't need breakfast, it's no big deal to skip it. But for me personally, I wake up hungry and missing breakfast makes me much more likely to binge at lunch. I am a huge fan of Cliff bars and Quest bars. They are fast and super filling and I'm never too busy to eat it.
    That sounds like a great idea for the mornings! I used to eat a Luna protein bar every morning for breakfast, but it ended up making me go over my sugars at the end of the day :(

• peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    16 oz. of ice cold water and a cup of yogurt
  • BethClicks
    BethClicks Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    For quick morning meal, I grab a couple hardboiled eggs, or protein bar, or cold leftovers from the fridge. I don't care if it's breakfast food :)
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    OP if you are not hungry in the morning don't eat.
  • oneallmama
    Options
    alykief wrote: »
    That sounds good! I'm mainly looking for something low-sugar though because that's what always gets me in the end :(

• oneallmama
    Options
    jinkeys26 wrote: »
    For quick morning meal, I grab a couple hardboiled eggs, or protein bar, or cold leftovers from the fridge. I don't care if it's breakfast food :)
    Hardboiled eggs sound awesome! I'll have to make some later for the next few days

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    OP if you are not hungry in the morning don't eat.

This logic is not being received.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    oneallmama wrote: »
    Every time I wake up I'm never hungry and usually skip breakfast. I know thats a bad thing too... What are some things you guys eat in the morning to get your metabolism going?

Why is it bad? I'm rarely hungry in the mornings either so I rarely eat breakfast. I think eating when I'm not hungry is bad. It's 1:47 p.m. right now and I'm just now starting to get hungry. Time to heat up my lunch.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I keep fruit or hard boiled eggs on hand; they're an easy meal, and can get me some protein or bulk into my morning to keep me full until lunch. I find when I don't have breakfast, I'm generally hungrier for lunch ridiculously early. Additionally, eating breakfast doesn't speed up or keep metabolisms going. As long as you are alive, your metabolism is doing its job. :)
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'd just skip it. I wish I didn't wake up starving! I could use those calories elsewhere.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

...Who told you that?

They were wrong. Your metabolism is still going, it doesn't start and stop, otherwise you'd be, ya know...dead. Nothing needs to be "jump started" you are not a dirtbike.

If you don't want breakfast, don't have breakfast. Just have a bigger lunch or dinner.

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    alykief wrote: »
    That sounds good! I'm mainly looking for something low-sugar though because that's what always gets me in the end :(

Don't worry about going over your sugar limit. I feel MFP sets the limit far too low anyway, especially if you are working out at all, and enjoy fruit. Focus more on staying within your calorie limit. I don't even track my sugar intake, anymore.